ThousandEyes empowers enterprises to see, understand and improve digital experiences for their customers and employees. The ThousandEyes cloud platform offers unmatched vantage points throughout the global Internet and cloud providers, delivering immediate visibility into the digital experience for every user, application, website or service, over any network. ThousandEyes is central to the global operations of the world's largest and fastest growing brands, including Comcast, eBay, HP, 120+ of the Global 2000, 65+ of the Fortune 500, 6 of the 7 top US banks, and 20 of the 25 top SaaS companies.
Engineering at ThousandEyes
At ThousandEyes, we use cutting-edge technologies and innovative techniques to study and visualize networks on a global scale.ThousandEyes engineers are focused on continuous improvement -- of our product, our codebase, our knowledge, and our skills. We believe in innovation, simplicity, and elegance. We work in small, cross-functional teams where everyone has a voice.
Learn more about engineering at ThousandEyes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9a_c8yJyzc
About the Role
The Engineering Effectiveness team is a team at ThousandEyes with the mission to empower our engineers to be more effective and happier by providing the tools, processes, infrastructure, and support they need to design, implement, test, and operationalize their code quickly and with high quality. As a Senior Software Engineer on this new team, you will have the opportunity to define how we partner with the other engineering teams to provide a productive and frictionless end-to-end developer experience encompassing the entire development, release, and operating lifecycle. You will design and implement tooling for our build, continuous integration, and deployment systems. You will work with each team to provide automated testing frameworks, guides, and infrastructure that allow fast and reliable code validation. You will work with our operations engineering teams to provide and create the tools and frameworks that allow the application teams to properly monitor and alert on their production applications. You will bring your full SDLC experience to help improve our overall engineering processes, testing approaches, deployment pipelines, and operational procedures.
We are passionate about optimizing our developer’s end-to-end engineering experience to foster the innovation that allows our company to succeed.
You are a perfect applicant if you have:
- 6+ years in the industry
- Excellent software design and development skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Passion about development and engineering best practices
- Experience with various build systems (e.g., Gradle, Maven, Make, Bazel)
- Experience with automated build and release pipelines and related tooling (e.g., Jenkins, Argo CD, Weaveworks, Prow)
- Experience with automated testing tools and frameworks (e.g., TestCafe, Selenium, JMeter, Robot, Spring Testing Framework)
- Experience with container orchestration tools and platforms (e.g., Kubernetes, EKS, ECS, GKE)
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience with infrastructure management tools (e.g., Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Terraform)