The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $89B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
The MongoDB Server Execution team's mission is to research and develop new algorithms for storing data, maintain a pluggable protocol for MongoDB storage engines, and provide a comprehensive framework for managing concurrent, transactional access to data stored locally within a MongoDB database instance.
Our team champions a strong culture of inclusivity, diversity, and collaboration. As a team member, you will contribute to crafting and maintaining the nexus of the different server components, connecting its query system and distributed replication system to its underlying storage engines. Ongoing work includes improvements to support time series data, memory allocator improvements, new indexing algorithms, and implementations for admission control and flow control for the server.
- Experience with building industrial-strength software projects with a large user base, robust designs, a high level of code quality, and collaborative software development processes.
- Degree in Computer Science or similar field, or equivalent practical experience, with strong proficiency in data structures, algorithms, and software design/architecture.
- Interest in the theory and practice of database internals.
- At least 5 years of experience in programming, debugging, and performance tuning distributed and/or highly concurrent software systems.
- Collaborate with other Execution team engineers to coordinate seamless changes in a feature-rich, large C++-based codebase.
- Identify, design, implement, test, and support new features within the purview of Server Execution.
- Keep abreast of new database technologies and research, and work to incorporate them into the server.
- Contribute to a world-renowned open source database software project.
- Espouse and promote the MongoDB values through mentorship, building together, intellectual honesty, and accountability.
- In three months you’ll have contributed to the development of a project slated for the next major release, as well as fixed a few bugs in a minor version of our latest stable release series.
- In six months, you’ll be responsible for reviewing code, interviewing potential new hires, and reviewing new feature designs.
- In twelve months, you’re owning the development of a new major feature and are helping to mentor new engineers on the team.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!