Senior Software Engineer, Financial Services at Red Ventures
What You'll Do:
- Write excellent code on the platform and services that power Red Ventures’ credit card business.
- Contribute to key architectural decisions.
- Figure out how to best scale, secure, maintain, and extend the platform.
- Metrics. Monitoring. Profiling. Analytics.
- Active pair-programming with teammates when they need help. Help mentor and develop less senior talent.
- Drive formal and informal code and architecture reviews.
- Collaborate with the product management team and other developers to deliver a quality product that meets business needs.
What We’re Looking For:
- Strong Node.js Experience
- Experience with Typescript, NestJS, React
- Working knowledge of solutions architecture on modern cloud platforms. We use AWS, but in-depth experience with other platforms is welcome.
- Experience with serverless and event driven architecture
- Strong understanding of software design patterns, object oriented programming, functional programming concepts, and software architecture.
- Experience with a variety of API paradigms such as REST, GraphQL, gRPC, Webhooks, Websockets, Event-driven architectures.
- Deep knowledge of databases, data modeling, query optimization, and caching.
- Deep knowledge of Test Driven Development (TDD) and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
- Working knowledge of security best practices. Ability to define a threat model, assess the security of a backend system, and evaluate tradeoffs to minimize risks.
- Analytical and detail-oriented minds with decisive judgement skills
- The ability to prioritize, strategize, execute and deliver projects on time
- Self-motivated and creative problem-solvers who love to challenge themselves
- Ideal team players: hungry, humble, and smart! We value those who are curious and strive to be great people to work with
- Experience designing and building APIs for a variety of clients.
- Experience educating and mentoring fellow developers
- Golang experience is a plus!
Who We Are:
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit www.redventures.com.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].