Are you passionate about modern cloud technologies, programming languages, design patterns and scalable architectures? You’ll be right at home here. The Technology team participates in research and development of highly scalable, data driven, consumer facing applications as well as identifies new technologies and trends and how they might be implemented to enhance our products and business. Work and learn from world-class talent that promotes a culture of data, experimentation and learning. Use the latest technologies such as AWS, Node, React, GraphQL, Flutter and more to accelerate your career growth.
About the role...
- Work collaboratively in teams composed of Product Managers, Designers, and Engineers
- Taking ownership of the overall architecture and development of highly scalable ReactJS frontend application that talk to Node JS API services and Lambda functions
- Implement dynamic and interactive pages using ReactJS by consuming REST and GraphQL services.
- This is a high traffic, high velocity application so key skills will involve, SEO, page load performance, effective testing strategies
- Build backend services around advanced machine learning and predictive analytic models
- Design and operationalize data pipelines using advanced data architectures deployed on Amazon Web Services
- Optimize our developer toolchain to support instant provisioning of new services and infrastructure, fully automate deployment, and minimize development friction.
- Work in a product development process that is primarily Agile/Scrum
- A driven software engineer that is motivated to build great products and a great codebase in a fast-paced environment
- Able to take requirements and build something that’s simple yet impactful, minimalistic yet beautiful, extensible yet maintainable.
- Independent and can manage your own projects and time with ease, all the while setting and managing stakeholder expectations
- Strong communication skills with a growth and learning mindset
- Experience with developing complex software systems using modern frameworks, tools, and systems
- Experience working across the full technical stack, delivering quality code on both frontend and backend
- Strong analytical thinking and ability to make data-driven decisions
- Attention to detail, great sense of design, and commitment to beautiful user experiences
- 5 or more years experience developing software in one or more modern programming languages (e.g. ReactJS/NextJS) and two years of front end development experience
- Experience building single page applications
- Experience implementing progressive web application and service workers
- Exposure to cloud-based architectures, development, and deployment
- Familiarity with cloud technologies such as AWS EC2, ECS, S3, RDS
- Understanding of computer science fundamentals, schema design, and best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering/related field or equivalent professional experience
At realtor.com®, we believe that everyone deserves a home of their own. We’re a community of nearly 2,000 employees that work hard to ensure that from the moment someone starts dreaming about a new home, to the moment they walk in the door and beyond, we’re there to lend a helping hand. Every month, 80 million people trust us with their journey home by visiting our site and mobile apps, and we’d love to have you join our team to help.
We’ve got great offices across Canada and the US and lots of sweet jobs to choose from, so we’re hoping you’ll join us on our journey to make home buying and selling easier, and more rewarding for everyone.
Let’s make a difference, together. For Real.#LI-DW1