Buying a home should be an exciting milestone. But all too often, it’s stressful, especially in a competitive market or when you’re buying and selling at the same time. So we’re redesigning the home-buying experience. We’re a fast-paced real estate startup that empowers agents to help homebuyers buy with cash. We buy homes on behalf of our partners’ clients with our cash, then the client buys the home back from us.
Founder and CEO Tim Heyl, a 10-year industry veteran and owner of one of the fastest-growing agent teams in the country, started Homeward in 2018. In fact, he bought our first customer’s home with his own life savings. Today we offer two services — Buy with cash and Buy before you sell — in Texas, Colorado, and Georgia.
We’ve raised more than $160MM in equity capital from top-tier venture investors, including Norwest, Blackstone Alternative Asset Management, Adams Street, Javelin, and LiveOak. Our leadership team includes experts from the real estate, mortgage, and technology industries.About the opportunity
We're seeking a Senior Front-end Engineer to help us build a simpler, more customer-centric home buying and selling experience in partnership with real estate agents.
This role is not eligible to be performed from Colorado. This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.In this role you will:
- Develop, design, debug, and modify components of software applications and tools in agile environment
- Write automated unit and integration tests as appropriate to support our continuous integration pipelines
- Participate in code reviews to assess overall code quality and flexibility
- Have a good understanding of Software Development Lifecycle and methodologies, specifically scrum and/or Kanban
- Prototype creative solutions quickly by developing minimum viable products and work with seniors and peers in crafting and implementing the technical vision
- Communicate and work effectively with distributed cross functional teams
- Resolve problems and roadblocks as they occur with peers - follow through on details and drive issues to closure
- Work towards continuous improvement in software and development process within an agile development team
- Participate in user story creation in collaboration with the team
- 4+ years of non-internship professional front-end development experience
- Deep understanding of web development and best practices
- Strong organizational skills and discipline in both following and appropriately challenging conventions
- Skilled with common front-end technologies such as HTML, CSS, and JS
- Deep experience in one or more relevant front-end frameworks such as React, Angular, or Vue (We use React + Redux, with Jest & Cypress for testing)
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Scrappy determination and flexibility - from updating email and CMS templates to building complex web apps; you’re eager to learn and help the team succeed
- A build, test, learn mindset with a bias toward quick, calculated action and a focus on business outcomes
- Ability to rapidly prototype and adjust in response to customer feedback
- Deep working knowledge of version control and CI/CD tools
- Possess a high bar when it comes to quality - knowing when to test, what to test, and how to test
THE GOLDEN RULE
Whether we’re dealing with colleagues or customers, we follow The Golden Rule, treating others the way we want to be treated. It’s a simple rule, but it’s also significant: we don’t prioritize money or growth over people, and we practice empathy at every opportunity.
We work in tech and build solutions for real estate. Both are fast-paced and stressful industries. So it’s important that we focus on the larger objective rather than rushing from one task to the next. If something is out of scope, we say “No.” If something feels rushed, we pump the brakes. This calm focus helps us create solutions our customers love.
ONE TEAM, ONE DREAM
Big problems require big solutions. We look at our customers’ experience holistically, and recognize that solving them requires collaboration across teams. This approach extends to cooperation among our three affiliate companies — Homeward, Homeward Mortgage, and Homeward Title — and results in a better homebuying experience.