Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack - Java, Angular at Blackbaud
At Blackbaud, we’re here to help good take over. We lead uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, providing cloud software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to drive impact for social good. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, higher education institutions, K-12 schools, healthcare organizations, faith communities, arts and cultural organizations, foundations, companies, and the individual change agents who support them. With millions of users in 100+ countries, our vision is to power an Ecosystem of Good® that builds a better world. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them raise resources, deliver programs, manage operations, and understand their outcomes.
About the role:
As a Senior Software Engineer you will be joining our development teams to develop and enhance web-based applications, and working with some of the latest technologies in user interfaces, server architecture and cloud based computing. Our relaxed work environment promotes open seating, paired programming, cross team collaboration, efficient communication, Scrum methodologies and TDD principles.
Engineers at Blackbaud are thought leaders in our department and local development community. Duties include solving complex issues, learning/teaching new technologies, promoting growth and assuring your team delivers on its commitments.
What you’ll be doing:
- Implement important elements of the application software architecture and application infrastructure.
- Design and develop software applications, project prototypes, proofs of concept & client demos
- Champion TDD and Agile best practices for your product team
- Evaluate performance of critical application components and optimize them to assure maximum performance and scalability
- Perform, design and code reviews for all key application functional components
- Contribute to requirement definitions for project design and code reviews
- Mentor and stimulate growth for software and test engineers
- Participate in performance reviews of team members and in the interview process of new candidates
- Work closely with the product manager, quality assurance and other team members to coordinate schedules, identify task assignments and provide progress updates at daily standup meetings
What we’ll want you to have:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering or possess equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of utilizing Java to build robust scalable applications
- 2+ years of utilizing Angular to build web-based applications
- 1+ years of experience working in a professional DevOps environment
- 1+ years of experience contributing in a TDD & Agile work environment
- Experience with design and implementation of object structures in relational databases
- Experience working with SOAP, REST APIs and micro services
- Proven history of self-direction and possess the ability to carry out assignments from beginning to end
- Open minded, creative thinker with the ability to balance client requirements, competitive pressures, and technical resource limitations across product families
- Professional demeanor, adaptable to change and possessing a can-do attitude!
Why you'll want to come work here:
- Our benefits are unmatched. Not only do we offer competitive salaries, 4 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and 401K match, we also provide endless community involvement opportunities to encourage our employees to give back, through our CSR programs like gift matching and volunteer for vacation.
- Blackbaud has been named to Forbes America's Best Employers for Diversity 2019, Forbes America’s Best Midsize Employer 2019, and AnitaB.org's Top Companies for Women Technologists 2018, we are rapidly growing and offer incredible opportunity for career advancement!
- We understand that people thrive in a culture focused on teamwork and purpose. That's why Blackbaud offers a tremendous company culture, where we encourage open, collaborative working environments in all of our offices around the world.
- We have proven that we are one of the best technology companies to work for. Blackbaud has been ranked Best Technology Company in Charleston, SC for the fourth year in a row, and ranked by BuiltIn Austin as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin, TX.
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.