We’re looking for an experienced backend to fullstack engineer who is enthusiastic about working in NodeJS and Vue Framework. You’ll focus primarily on extending, scaling, and improving our tools and data services alongside a talented and caring group of fellow engineers, product managers, software architects, and quality assurance testers.ABOUT ACEABLE
Aceable is a mobile education platform that focuses on creating affordable, engaging, and convenient online courses available across all of your mobile devices. Built by former teachers, NASA engineers, and those passionate about education, the Austin-based team is obsessed with helping people reach life goals and milestones through online certification.
After launching its first mobile app to provide accredited driver's ed courses, Aceable expanded into real estate education and is quickly becoming one of the leading online real estate schools in the U.S. To date, Aceable touts more than 20 million students and counting. The team is proud of the hundred thousand plus students we're adding to the Aceable family per month. We're only getting started, and we need your help to get us to our vision of millions of students per month.
Aceable was named winner of the Austin Chamber of Commerce’s Austin A-List for the Hottest Growing Startup in 2017 and has been awarded as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin for multiple years running by numerous entities, such as the Austin Business Journal, BuiltInAustin, and EqualOcean. We actively work to foster a creative, collaborative, and diverse culture whose overall mission is to impact as many student-lives as possible.ABOUT THE ENGINEERING TEAM
We are a team that cares heavily about the quality of product and our student’s learning experience. The Data Engineering team comes from a variety of backgrounds, thrives on collaboration and respect, and pushes each other daily to do their best. We ask the same of any new hire and are always excited to see what creative ideas, viewpoints, and processes each new engineer brings to the table.WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Primarily focus on adding new features and maintaining platform’s data services. Implementing effective user interfaces to the data services for operations.
- Write and review testable, scalable code.
- Own technical design for projects of moderate complexity.
- Research and implement industry-best practices and trends to ensure efficacy of architectural direction.
- Work with members of the engineering team, product managers, designers and other stakeholders to drive business requirements and develop new features.
- Collaborate with architects & senior engineers to meet scaling needs as we tackle new verticals.
- 6+ years of engineering practice with emphasis on integrating databases and APIs.
- 5+ years of NodeJS experience, comfort building RESTful Express APIs.
- 5+ years working with MongoDb.
- Experience working with AWS Lambda, API Gateway, S3, SNS/SQS or similar serverless technology.
- Techniques for architecting at scale.
- Deploying and monitoring cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Balance big-picture perspective with attention to details.
- An open and engaged attitude when it comes to learning & mentoring others.
- Experience with TypeScript
- Experience working with Heroku
- Join one of Austin's Best Places to Work in 2021
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Generous time off programs
- Flexible work schedule
- Passionate, high-achieving teammates excited to help you succeed and learn
- Our own space on the top floor of a downtown building
- A team meal every week
- Fully stocked drink fridges and snacks + cold brew coffee on tap
- Company events & activities (Holiday events, happy hours, quarterly volunteering)
- Free parking spot downtown in our garage 24/7 or a monthly transportation stipend
- Education stipend ($500/year/employee)
- Free Roadside Assistance subscription
- NOTE: Our team is currently remote due to Covid-19 and we have some awesome virtual perks that come with it (trivia, karaoke, bingo, happy hours, lunch & learns, and more)
At Aceable we celebrate and support all differences. Aceable is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital, disability, and veteran status.