Senior Software Engineer - Healthgrades at Red Ventures
Healthgrades is focused on providing trusted information that helps consumers and providers make meaningful connections. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be a key contributor for components of the Healthgrades.com website. In your role, you will join a squad of software engineers in building full stack web applications and integrating, enhancing, and creating multiple web services. You will bring together interactive elements of our website and our server-side infrastructure as an active participant in all facets of development. Join us as we change the game!
What You'll Do:
- Contribute to complex software development projects for Healthgrades.com
- Work with lead engineer and team to estimate work assignments
- Help evaluate the technical feasibility of work assignments and/or UX designs, identify risks and develop recommendations for issues
- Develop systems using a variety of technologies, including Node.js, .NET Core, AWS services, and more
- Use the Scrum framework to collaborate with your team and stakeholders
- Participate in code reviews with team members
- Assist and mentor other team members
- Contribute well-written code and technical documentation
- Work to optimize the performance, scalability, security, and SEO of our applications
- Collaborate with other engineers across teams to align on standards and engineering initiatives
What We're Looking For:
- Experience coaching other engineers
- 3+ years building and supporting consumer-facing web applications
- Good understanding and experience with front-end and back-end architectures
- Experience with developing for, and deploying to, a cloud platform like AWS
- Familiarity with non-functional requirements
- Good understanding of web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3
- Understanding of React and/or other similar frameworks
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling
- Good understanding of REST API best practices
- Experience with CSS extensions and frameworks such as Less, Sass, and/or Bootstrap
- Good understanding of browser rendering behavior and performance
- Experience using, building, and maintaining secure and scalable web services
- Secure data access and storage experience, including with relational and non-relational database
Pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay Act, below is a summary of compensation elements for this role at the company if based in Colorado. The following benefits are provided by Red Ventures, subject to eligibility requirements.
- Starting Salary: $100,000 - $150,000*
*Note actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications and experience
- Bonus: 5%
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Bonding Benefit Program
Who We Are:
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].