Senior Software Engineer, Infrastructure at Unity (Austin, TX)
We are looking for a skilled senior software development engineer to collaborate with a global multi-disciplinary team and work on the clients/partners experiences of the platform. You will maintain, design, develop, deploy, and improve a large scale distribution system to provide a platform with better reliability, scalability and maintainability across the company.
What you’ll be doing
- Maintain and improve the current System
- Ensure service scalability and reliability through effective code and data storage design
- Work closely with different product development teams to build a new service layer for Unity's different business models
- Assist and support other developers in instrumenting their areas of the product to fit this system
- Write high-quality code that supports existing and future functionality of the product
What we’re looking for
- Experience architecting and developing large scale distributed systems design
- Professional experience with web service development
- Understanding of design patterns, architecture, and failure modes of highly available scale services
- Solid knowledge of SQL/No-SQL Database technologies
- Experiences using Cache and Message Queue services
You might also have
- Experience working in GCP or AWS
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.