Senior Software Engineer - iOS at Realtor.com
At realtor.com®, we believe that everyone deserves a home of their own. We’re a community of nearly 2,000 employees that work hard to ensure that from the moment someone starts dreaming about a new home, to the moment they walk in the door and beyond, we’re there to lend a helping hand. Every month, over 85 million people trust us with their journey home by visiting our site and mobile apps, and we’d love to have you join our team to help.
You will join a diverse team of talented engineers building out our iOS apps – the apps that guide millions of home buyers through their most important purchase.
We have highly collaborative, cross-functional teams that consistently deliver an outstanding user experience.
About the role...
- Work collaboratively in teams composed of Product Managers, Designers, and Engineers
- Taking ownership of the overall architecture and development of high performing Flutter based mobile applications that talk to Node JS API services via GraphQL
- This is a high traffic, high velocity application so key skills will involve great understanding of the iOS mobile platforms and how to optimize your mobile application, as well as effective testing strategies
- Build backend services around advanced machine learning and predictive analytic models
- Design and operationalize data pipelines using advanced data architectures deployed on Amazon Web Services
- Optimize our developer toolchain to support instant provisioning of new services and infrastructure, fully automate deployment, and minimize development friction.
- Work in a product development process that is primarily Agile/Scrum
- A driven mobile software engineer that is motivated to build great products and a great codebase in a fast-paced environment
- 5 or more years of experience developing iOS Apps in one or more modern programming languages (e.g. Swift, Objective-C)
- Able to take requirements and build something that’s simple yet impactful, minimalistic yet beautiful, extensible yet maintainable.
- Strong communication skills with a growth and learning mindset
- Experience with developing complex software systems using modern frameworks, tools, and systems
- Experience working across the full technical stack, delivering quality code on mobile applications
- Strong analytical thinking and ability to make data-driven decisions
- Exposure to cloud-based architectures, development, and deployment
- Familiarity with cloud technologies such as AWS EC2, ECS, S3, RDS
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering/related field or equivalent professional experience
If you like the sound of us, then please throw your hat in the ring. While we take a look at your application, we encourage you to get to know us a bit more through our site and social channels – such as our tech blog, our many awards & recognition, the ways we give back to the community and more on the realtor.com blog.
We’ve got great offices in the U.S. and Canada with lots of sweet jobs to choose from, so we’re hoping you’ll join us on our journey to make buying, selling, renting, and living in homes easier and more rewarding for everyone.
Let’s make a difference, together. For Real.#LI-BA1