Senior Software Engineer - iOS at Realtor.com (Austin, TX)
Who We Are
Realtor.com is your one stop shop for homebuyers, renters, sellers, and dreamers, with comprehensive for-sale listings, insightful information, valuable tools and professional expertise. We’re excited and hungry to make a difference to the millions of people in the US who buy a home each year by delivering beautiful intuitive mobile app experiences.
We are looking for a Sr. iOS engineer who would like to make a difference in the products they develop. If you are passionate about building native experiences, designing architectures that scale, writing code with quality in mind and you thrive by collaborating with cross functional teams, you’ll be right at home with us.
About the role...
- Work collaboratively in a cross functional team to contribute and lead each step of the product development process: from ideation to release; rapidly prototyping, experimenting and delivering solutions that can scale to support millions of users
- Define and evolve the architecture, design and implementation of consumer facing experiences using clean architecture principles
- Connects business and consumer problems to proposed technical solutions. Advocates for delivering high quality, resilient and fault tolerant products to consumers.
- Build a stable and scalable architecture using modern patterns to deliver a first-class mobile product
- Mentors and actively seeks to level up their teammates
- Build with testing best practices to enable us to iterate quickly
- +5 years of experience as a software engineer in the tech industry building products at scale
- +3 years of experience developing native mobile applications and working within a team environment.
- Strong programming skills and up-to-date knowledge of Swift, Objective-C, and the iOS SDK and deep understanding of UIKit
- Experience leading teams, mentoring colleagues, and managing technical projects
- A driven mobile software engineer that is motivated to build great products and a great codebase in a fast-paced environment
- Familiar with mobile product and design lifecycles, and collaborating closely with designers, product managers and backend engineers
- Strong communication skills with a growth and learning mindset
- Strong analytical thinking and ability to make data-driven decisions
- Independent and can manage your own projects and time with ease, all the while setting and managing stakeholder expectations
Nice to haves…
- An understanding of Redux or other unidirectional state management paradigms
- Knowledge of and experience with Combine or other Rx frameworks
- Previous experience with SwiftUI
- Interest in or experience with functional programming concepts
At realtor.com®, we believe that everyone deserves a home of their own. We’re a community of nearly 2,000 employees who work hard to ensure that from the moment someone starts dreaming about a new home, to the moment they walk in the door and beyond, we’re there to lend a helping hand. Every month, over 85 million people trust us with their journey home by visiting our site and mobile apps, and we’d love to have you join our team to help.
We’ve got great offices in the U.S. and Canada with lots of sweet jobs to choose from, so we’re hoping you’ll join us on our journey to make buying, selling, renting, and living in homes easier and more rewarding for everyone.
Let’s make a difference, together. For Real.