BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
What You’ll Do
- Build and extend beautifully crafted React applications
- Serve as a subject-matter expert across the engineering team for front-end architecture
- Contribute to and maintain our shared front-end component library
- Advocate for modern development practices and tools
- Write code that is performant, maintainable, clear, and concise
- Support other teams as they migrate legacy front-end and full-stack applications to React.
- Engage in technical discussion of new solutions and architectures
- Review other engineer’s code to maintain and improve quality
- Mentor and level-up junior front-end engineers
- Support an open, positive, and energized culture
- Encourage innovation and foster an environment of continuous improvement
Who You Are
- At least 5 years of professional experience developing in Engineer on SaaS products
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, EE or MIS; or equivalent experience
- At least 3 years of architecting / leading React based projects backed by RESTful APIs
- At least 3 years’ experience with cloud-based SaaS development
- Highly Preferred: At least 2-3 years of familiarity with Ruby
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies and ticketing systems such as JIRA
- Highly proactive and results-oriented with excellent critical thinking skills
- Excited to learn new technologies
- Nice to Haves: DevOps experience, GCP experience, and/or Docker or other containerization technologies
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.
Current BigCommerce Employees: Please use the internal job board to apply for openings