Senior Software Engineer--Knowledge Platform at Procore Technologies
What if you could use your technology skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer - Knowledge Platform to join Procore’s journey to revolutionize a historically under-served industry.
As a Senior Software Engineer - Knowledge Platform, you’ll help grow and develop the systems used to deliver the Procore Platform with quality and velocity, help to ensure quality as our clients gain meaningful insights about their data, and work to enhance or introduce new internal test tools and frameworks, providing our engineers with the transparency needed to move swiftly and with confidence.
This position will report to a member of our Engineering Management team and has the opportunity to be located in any of our US offices. Remote candidates will be considered based on experience. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Work cross-functionally to create the tools and resources needed to enhance the ability of development teams to assess the quality of what they are developing
- Help identify organizational gaps in our internal validation tooling
- Propose solutions to fill these organizational gaps and run proof of concept experiments to determine appropriate solutions; work with Data Applications Platform team, architects, and internal stakeholders on implementation
- Ensure successful adoption of internal tools by providing best practices
- Mentor junior engineers on the Data Applications Platform team, providing technical guidance and assistance on how to utilize internal tooling
- Leverage our tech stack of AWS, Kubernetes, CircleCI, Spinnaker, and an internal tool for CD; Java and Typescript languages
What we’re looking for:
- Computer Science degree or comparable understanding of CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, databases (operating principles, schema design, and SQL), networking, and security
- 5+ years experience in software engineering fundamentals, test-driven development and design principles (Ruby on Rails, Python, C#, Java, or similar languages preferred)
- Experience building modern CI/CD systems at scale
- Understanding of the tradeoffs between short-term and long-term goals and balancing immediate needs with strategic initiatives
- Experience working with software, platforms, and infrastructure at scale (we run thousands of hosts and have millions of users)
- Proven efficiency with modern web development, including development, testing, staging, deploying, and monitoring
If you'd like to stay in touch and be the first to hear about new roles at Procore, join our Talent Community.
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: generous paid vacation, employee stock purchase plan, enrichment and development programs, and friends and family events.