The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $106B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
The Kubernetes team develops software to setup and operate MongoDB on any infrastructure. We are in charge of two Operators, Enterprise and Community (OSS), a Kubernetes service that allows users to deploy fault-tolerant, globally distributed MongoDB clusters in minutes.
We currently have customers on both public cloud providers and on-prem. We ensure and test on public cloud infrastructures. We have a short feedback loop with our customers that enables us to work on features that are used at scale as soon as we release.A great fit for this role will
- Love coding and building reliable features
- Be able to extensively collaborate with other engineers
- Be flexible! You'll be joining a small team, so must be willing to take on a wide variety of responsibilities, learning as you go
- Be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Design, implement, test and release features for our Kubernetes Operator
- Work in an agile team environment with a close relationship with the customer
- Incrementally ship elements of complex projects
- Apply our core values to your work
- Assist our Ops & Support Engineers troubleshoot operational issues with customers
- Generous compensation package that includes equity and regional benefits
- You'll be joining a team that is diverse and highly collaborative, we value shipping fast and clean
- Opportunities to learn on the job (time to upskil in new technologies)
- High level of independence in your day to day work
- Experience in a modern programming language, preferably Go OR Python
- Experience working with Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience working with and testing distributed systems
- Experience working with systems in production
- Strong command line experience
- Experience working with Linux distributions
- Kubernetes certifications
- Experience working with Kubernetes Operator OR Kubernetes APIs OR Custom Controllers
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.