Senior Software Engineer - Platform Team at SpyCloud
Senior Software Engineer (Platform Team)
SpyCloud is the leader in account takeover (ATO) prevention, protecting billions of consumer and employee accounts either directly or through product integrations. Our award-winning solutions proactively defeat fraud attempts and disrupt the criminals' ability to profit from stolen information.
Who You Are
You are an experienced, passionate developer who enjoys taking on challenges. You are looking for an opportunity in a startup where you can grow with the company, both as an engineer and a leader. You are energized by the opportunity to help grow our product portfolio by the end of the year. You are self-motivated and able to switch contexts as business needs change.
- Pyramid Web Framework
- MySQL, DynamoDB, Redis, ElasticSearch
- AWS (EC2, RDS, SQS, S3, Lambda, API Gateway, and much more)
SpyCloud is interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor applicants for work visas.
What You Will Do
- Help design, develop, deploy, and test new products and features.
- Take on full product roadmap items and be able to deliver high quality results on time.
- Participate in a fast-paced environment.
- Adopt existing team practices and recommend improvements as needed.
Your Skills and Experience
- At least 5 years of professional experience delivering high quality production software
- Strong working knowledge of a high-level language such as Python, Ruby, Java, etc. We primarily use Python but it’s not necessary for you to know. We’re confident you can become effective in it quickly.
- Strong computer science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented programming
- Experience with a relational database
- Experience with a NoSQL database
- Experience with an MVC web framework (e.g. Django, Ruby on Rails, Pyramid, etc)
- Experience building REST APIs
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with Bash scripting
- Experience with a version control system. We use Git.
- Excellent communication skills
- This job posting is for Austin, TX only. We're not looking for remote developers at this time
The Interview Process
- A 1 hour phone call to discuss your experience and a few technical questions
- If all goes well, we’ll send you a programming challenge to work on.
- An onsite where you will meet with the team and present your solution to the programming challenge.
Job Type: Full-time