Senior Software Engineer - Python at Q2
Q2 is seeking an experienced Python Fullstack Developer to join our Continuous Delivery team at Q2. You will help enhance Q2's online banking software and extend its capabilities with new and existing 3rd party integrations. You will design, develop, debug and deploy applications and services using Python along with other technologies. Projects are relatively small with short, aggressive timelines, which creates a dynamic and constantly changing atmosphere. As part of our Professional Services group based in Austin, TX, you will be working individually and collaboratively to develop, implement, and support custom solutions through fast-paced, dynamic projects involving the integration layer of the Q2 platform to extend its functionality to meet our clients’ unique needs. Our ideal candidate is someone with a self-motivated tinkering spirit and who is comfortable diving into professional development life while rapidly learning to engineer solutions using a mix of open technologies and our own proprietary framework.
- Design, implement, integrate, and test software solutions of moderate complexity comprised of Windows- and Linux-based front-end and back-end components that interact with end users and integrate with internal and external services
- Work individually and collaboratively to deliver solutions in live production systems
- Support, maintain, and resolve problems for custom features in live production systems, with occasional on-call availability
- Responsible for ensuring that all security, availability, confidentiality and privacy policies and controls are adhered to
- Assist and mentor teammates to provide technical leadership and evangelize best practices
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and a minimum of 5 years of related experience; or a Master's degree with 3+ years of experience; or equivalent related work experience.
- Proficiency in Python and SQL
- Web development experience
- Passion for applying good design principals while exercising pragmatism to keep deadlines
- Experience in all aspects of the software development life cycle
- Experience engineering software in a service-oriented architecture
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective communication skills
- Experience contributing in an Agile development environment
- Good interpersonal skills
- Occasional availability for on-call/emergency support
- Ability to work flexible hours when necessary for deadlines and off-hours installations
At Q2, our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive workforce that fosters mutual respect for our employees and the communities we serve. Q2 is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.