RigUp is changing the way work is done in the energy industry. Each one of our teams strive to move us closer to our north star -- to empower the people who power the world. The Engineering team at RigUp leverages a variety of tools to enable and sustain a scalable and highly-resilient platform for delivering customer value. We are organized into agile, cross-functional product line teams consisting of engineering, product and design which allows us to develop deep expertise and rapidly deliver high-value features and functionality.
We are looking for a Backend Engineer to help us build the next evolution of our platform as a scalable, service oriented architecture. We need a motivated and self-directed engineer who wants to deliver real business value. You seek to understand the purpose of your project and how it fits into the larger view. You help your team and peers align to the company vision and mission. You see mistakes as learning opportunities, not just for you but for your team as well. You consistently leave code and projects better than you found them. You love to up-level the engineers around you by setting a good example and investing time in helping them succeed.
Sound like you? Keep reading.
What you'll be doing:
- Designing and building microservices using best of breed languages, frameworks, and technologies
- Providing technical leadership for multi-team engineering initiatives through clear written and oral communication to define and track dependencies and technical contracts
- Decomposing a Ruby on Rails monolith into equivalent microservices with clear boundaries of responsibility and contracts for integration
- Mentoring junior engineers on your team, providing guidance and support with a sense of stewardship for their growth
- Influencing the wider engineering team through demos, brown bag topics, and design proposals
What you should have:
- 6+ years of relevant software development experience
- Skills building backend services in a SOA or microservice architecture
- A background in Nodejs, Java, Go, Python
- Experience with cloud computing providers, order of preference: GCP, AWS, Azure
- Experience setting up and using CI/CD pipelines for your production services
- Familiarity with containerization and Kubernetes is a plus, but not required
- Familiarity with Ruby on Rails is a plus, but not required
- Experience with pricing, rates, payments etc is a huge plus
- BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Flexible PTO policy
- 401k Program with 4% match
- Fully paid employee health insurance for employee
- Open office space in the heart of downtown Austin
RigUp, a digital platform bringing modern workforce and vendor management to underserved industries, is one of the fastest growing companies in Austin. Founded in 2014, RigUp initially focused on the energy industry – empowering contract workers in oil and gas, solar, and wind to take home more pay for the same work, with better insurance and benefit options. The RigUp solution has expanded into equipment and vendor management, as well as on-demand, app-based service fulfillment, bringing cost savings and operational efficiencies to energy companies across the United States. Recent expansion will bring the RigUp platform to additional, energy-adjacent industries that rely on contract labor.
As a world-class employer, RigUp is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Read Full Job Description