Senior Software Engineer - React/Node at Dealer Inspire
Dealer Inspire, a CARS Inc. company, is hiring for our METAL℠ Team!
METAL℠ is Dealer Inspire's (DI) brand-new Inventory Management System (IMS). It is built with modern design, plus lightning-quick controls, to help our clients move metal faster than the competition - without any training needed. Designed mobile and tablet-first, METAL℠ allows car dealers to quickly and easily manipulate their vehicle inventory and have those changes appear on their Dealer Inspire website in real-time with API synchronization. From easy-to-implement pricing rules, to the ability to upload hi-res inventory pictures, METAL℠ offers a full-suite of features that Senor inventory management.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Architecture and development of new features;
- Improve performance; Modify existing code to fix errors and bugs;
- Set and enforce code quality standards and test coverage;
- Mentoring of junior developers.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years of professional experience with front-end technologies; including React, Redux, Webpack.
- 3+ years of professional experience working with NodeJS; including the Express framework.
- 5+ years of professional experience working with SQL or NoSQL databases; the ability to write efficient queries and benchmark/profile them.
- Strong understanding of asynchronous programming.
- Experience with performance debugging and benchmarking.
- Experience with testing frameworks, such as karma, mocha, or jest.
- Experience with Git version control.
- Understanding of CI/CD.
- Strong attention to design detail (UI/UX).
- Strong verbal & written communication skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Experience working remotely & as part of a distributed engineering team.
- Mobile-first, responsive web design.
- AWS Cloud Architecture and Serverless (Fargate, StepFunctions, Lambda, SQS).
- GraphQL, DataLoader, and Apollo Client.
About Dealer Inspire:
Dealer Inspire (DI) is a leading disruptor in the automotive industry through our innovative culture, legendary service, and kick-ass website, technology, and marketing solutions. Our mission is to future-proof local dealerships by building the essential, mobile-first platform that makes automotive retail faster, easier, and smarter for both shoppers and dealers. Headquartered in Naperville, IL, our team of nearly 600 work friends are spread across the United States and Canada, pushing the boundaries and getting **** done every day, together.
DI offers an inclusive environment that celebrates collaboration and thinking differently to solve the challenges our clients face. Our shared success continues to lead to rapid growth and positive change, which opens up opportunities to advance your career to the next level by working with passionate, creative people across skill sets. If you want to be challenged, learn every day, and work as a team with some of the best in the industry, we want to meet you. Apply today!
Want to learn more about who we are? Check us out here!
- Health Insurance with BCBS, Delta Dental (Orthodontics coverage available), Eye Med Vision
- 401k plan with company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 13 days paid time off, parental leave, and selected paid holidays
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Subsidized internet access for your home
- Peer-to-Peer Bonus program
*Not a complete, detailed list. Benefits have terms and requirements before employees are eligible.