Senior Software Engineer, Realm Cloud at MongoDB
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $106B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB Realm is a new backend as a service that lets you directly access MongoDB anywhere and interact with other services such as AWS, Twilio, and HTTP APIs. Realm is backed by a powerful, easy to use rule system called QueryAnywhere, and includes features such as serverless functions, database triggers, and Realm Mobile Sync.
- Have demonstrated ability developing robust back-end and/or frontend software at scale, including experience with concurrency and distributed systems
- Have substantial, demonstrable experience writing high-quality software
- Want to participate in Open Source software development and communities
- Have a love for crafting and implementing ergonomic APIs
- Have a desire for continuous learning of new technologies, languages, and platforms
- Be an effective communicator, an engineer, and problem solver
- Possess the ability to self-start and improve themselves
- Have some experience with MongoDB
- Collaborate effectively with teammates and colleagues across the organization
- Write high quality (e.g. clean, well-tested) code
- Deliver tasks on-time, clearly communicate challenges or roadblocks
- Participate actively in the code review process
- Design effective solutions to challenging software engineering problems
- Know their way around the backend and frontend Realm code bases, and work closely with the Mobile/SDK team
- Can deliver tasks through the entire SDLC, from design through deployment with minimal guidance
- Establish a cadence of timely delivery without cutting corners
- Can communicate design decisions and trade-offs effectively
- Earn the trust of the team
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.