Senior Software Engineer-Red Platform at Red Ventures
As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll develop the technical and business foundation to turn your passion for technology into real-world solutions. You’ll architect and implement web applications using cutting edge video technology solutions. You’ll help drive the end-to-end experience, from the front-end to the backend systems running in the cloud. Your developed systems will power features on multiple highly trafficked sites. Strong candidates will have robust technical training and experience. You will be part of a team who works together to develop technologies that personalize experiences for users and expand the reach of our content. We maintain a tight loop between development, feedback and deployment, which allows us to build world-class solutions to our business, marketing and data quandaries.
Note: This role is flexible to remote work or in person at our Charlotte office.
What You'll Do:
- Iterate- Red tape doesn’t get in our way. We believe that "Speed Trumps Perfection" so we test and deploy daily.
- Autonomy– Aspiring entrepreneurs succeed here because you will have full-ownership over your work from beginning to end.
- Collaborate– Better than making the dream work, teamwork makes the code work. Through open work-space, Zoom, Slack and peer reviews, our teams work together to build amazing solutions.
- Innovate – With the belief that “Everything is Written in Pencil”, we encourage our teams to test new frameworks, learn new languages and challenge the “status quo” to make us better.
- Build and maintain Opticon and Helios applications
What We're Looking For:
- Experience using repository management system such as GIT, CVS, or SVN
- Experience with AWS/Azure/Google cloud providers.
- Experience with Bitmovin, Hybrik, AWS Elemental, and/or VideoJS preferred
- Knowledge about continuous integration and continuous deployment CI/CD systems
- Experience with serverless technologies.
- Experience with OOP and software design skills.
- Experience with databases such as MySQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB, etc.
- Experience with event driven architecture
- Strong ability to develop systems that meet architectural objectives including reusable, scalable code and SOLID principles.
- Knowledge of unit-testing (TDD/BDD tool i.e. Jasmine, Mocha, Protractor)
- Understanding of how to build and consume REST APIs
- Knowledge of architectures like microservices and ability to discuss pros and cons
- Analytical and detail-oriented minds with decisive judgement skills
- The ability to prioritize, strategize, execute and deliver projects on time
- Self-motivated and creative problem-solvers who love to challenge themselves
- Ideal team players: hungry, humble, and smart! We value those who are curious and strive to be great people to work with
Who We Are:
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit www.redventures.com.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected]