Senior Software Engineer, (Remote, Visa Sponsoring) | Bankrate at Red Ventures
Bankrate.com, a division of Red Ventures, is looking for a talented, result-oriented, innovative software engineers to join our team, responsible for building services and experiences on Bankrate.com
In addition to building secure applications that protect the privacy of our customers, our team works collaboratively to create personalized experiences that grow our business. We love to build high-quality software and believe that there is real value in developing software so that it can be easily understood, maintained, and extended. At Bankrate.com we are all about teamwork, accountability, and a customer-first approach. We work hard but do so in a collaborative, fun, and flexible work environment.
As a member of the team, you will have the opportunity to work on our authenticated platform, leveraging our team’s research and experience to build systems and tools that help our users best manage their personal finances and grow their knowledge. Each day, you will apply your programming skills towards building secure and performant web experiences. You’ll work in systems utilizing the latest technologies like Node.js, Typescript, and React.
What You'll Do:
- Design, modify, implement, and test software to support Bankrate authenticated experiences.
- Take ownership and responsibility of the team’s goals and be a good steward to our systems and customers.
- Work full-stack by implementing web services, APIs, and front-ends to power Bankrate.com.
- Collaborate with all members of our cross-functional scrum team to deliver a quality product.
What We're Looking For:
- At least 5 years of full-stack software development experience
- Development Experience in Typescript, Node.js, React, or similar modern client-side framework.
- Development experience in using HTML, CSS (and CSS preprocessors, such as Less and Sass).
- Development experience working independently out of a design specification.
- Development Experience in a strongly typed language like Java, Go, C#, or similar.
- Development experience in a relational database system e.g., Postgres, MySQL, or similar
- Experience developing and supporting APIs in production.
- Experience designing scalable, maintainable, secure, and reusable solutions in public cloud environment e.g., AWS / Azure / GCP
- Demonstrate proficiency to provide operational support for production systems using tools like New Relic, Cloud Watch.
- Lead key team initiatives from start to finish by managing and improving the entire software development life cycle
- Develop team through mentorship
- Experience in PHP, GraphQL is a plus.
- Experience with various tools: Postman, Swagger, Docker, CircleCI.
- Experience writing high quality documentation
- Experience with common authentication/authorization patterns
Who We Are:
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected]