Senior Software Engineer - Remote at CCC
CCC is the technology platform for the underwritten assets economy. CCC technology, insights, and support connect industries – insurers, automotive manufacturers, collision repairers, parts suppliers, lenders, fleet operators and more – to advance decision-making, productivity, and customer experiences for thousands of clients worldwide. Clients leverage CCC’s network management, data management, AI, operational workflows and customer experience solutions to efficiently scale, interact, transact and achieve their unique business objectives. CCC was ranked a best mid-sized company to work for by Forbes (2019). BuiltIn Chicago, Austin and LA named CCC a top place to work in 2020. Diverse perspectives and experiences are core to CCC’s success and award-winning culture of more than 2,000 employees worldwide. We hold inclusion as a core value and are committed to celebrating and cultivating the diversity of our team. With a 40+ year track record of innovation, CCC’s tenacious spirit and growth mindset turn next generation technology into real world solutions and empower team members to expand their knowledge and potential. Headquartered in Chicago, CCC has 11 locations worldwide. CCC’s principal PE investors are Advent International, Technology Crossover Ventures, and Oak Hill Capital Find out more about CCC by visiting cccis.com.
Job Description Summary
At CCC, you will work on a cross-functional agile team consisting of skilled Software Engineers, QA Analysts, Product Managers, and other disciplines to deliver highly scalable solutions. You will contribute to both internal and public API’s, making enhancements to existing services and building new services that will be consumed by our applications and third parties.
This is an opportunity on our Casualty Product Development team. We use a variety of leading edge technology solutions, but day-to-day you’ll be using C# with .NET Core, ASP.NET Web API, and other key frameworks for service development. You’ll also be using Mongo and ActiveMQ to build out our systems and services. We deploy services to Kubernetes in AWS, so you’ll have the chance to work with modern architectural solutions.
- Minimum 5 years work experience using Microsoft technologies, C#/.NET focused
- Hands on experience with SOA and/or Microservices Architecture
- Expert level competency with ASP.NET Web API
- Experience designing and documenting RESTful APIs in multi-tier distributed systems
- Thorough understanding of database principles and practices and designing data models within a multi-tenant architecture
- Strong knowledge of design patterns, and good engineering practices.
- Proven ability to prepare and present architectural artifacts such as diagrams and specifications
- Eagerness to collaborate with other team members, good interpersonal communication, and organizational skills
- Familiarity with technical considerations involved in designing for complex systems at large scale
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- B.S in Computer Science, or comparable degree
Other Beneficial Skills
- Experience with AWS and/or Microsoft Azure
- Experience with Docker containers and container orchestrators
- Experience with Mongo or NoSQL data stores