Senior Software Engineer, Scala (Mobile Team) Remote Opportunity
(This is a Remote opportunity for those living in the State of Texas)
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
In this role, you’ll help empower our mobile application(s) functionality by taking API & event based solutions from ideation to delivery. You’ll work closely with other engineers, UI designers, and product managers to help define stories, assess the scope and technical concerns as well as advocate for best practices that improve software quality. This team will be working on greenfield projects and building an array of mobile applications and APIs for the BigCommerce platform.
What You’ll Do:
- Build highly-available, redundant, and scalable distributed systems
- Write code that is performant, maintainable, clear, and concise
- Work closely with operations while building and scaling back-end services
- Introduce and support event-driven architectures
- Collaborate with product and design to support optimal user experiences
- Participate in code reviews to maintain and improve quality
- Build new features with a focus on extensibility and quality
What You May Have:
- Experience as a Software Engineer in a JVM language (Scala / Java / etc.)
- Experience with Scala a strong plus
- Experience with Ruby a strong plus
- Experience working as the main backend developer on a small team
- Think iteratively by breaking down problems into smaller, deliverable / deployable pieces.
- Knowledge of gRPC, RabbitMQ, and familiarity with caching solutions
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform or Cloud Computing highly desirable
- Knowledge of functional programming paradigm with reactive design patterns
- Experience in highly scalable service-oriented architectures
- Solid UNIX knowledge
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, MIS or related equivalent experience
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.