BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores at a fraction of the cost to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a 2020 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for a Senior Software Engineer, Scala. In this role, you’ll help empower our merchants to quickly and easily manage their business and optimize ways for them to sell their products better. You’ll work closely with other engineers, UI designers, and product managers to help define stories, assess scope and technical concerns as well as advocate for best practices that improve software quality.
What You’ll Do
- Build highly-available, redundant, and scalable distributed systems
- Write code that is performant, maintainable, clear, and concise
- Work closely with operations while building and scaling back-end services
- Introduce and support event driven architectures
- Collaborate with product and design to support an optimal user experiences
- Participate in code reviews to maintain and improve quality
- Build new features with a focus on extensibility and quality
- Optimize and refactor existing marketplace integrations
Who You Are
- 5 + Years experience as a Software Engineer in a JVM language (Scala / Java / etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in CS, EE, CE or MIS; or equivalent experience
- Strong plus to experience with Scala
- Think iteratively by breaking down problems into smaller, buildable pieces.
- Knowledge of gRPC, RabbitMQ, and familiarity with caching solutions
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform or Cloud Computing highly desirable
- Knowledge of functional programming paradigm with reactive design patterns
- Experience in highly scalable service-oriented architectures
- Solid UNIX knowledge
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.
Current BigCommerce Employees: Please use the internal job board to apply for openings