Senior Software Engineer, Server Security at MongoDB
Our team currently consists of seven engineers with a majority located in New York City. We operate close to the bottom of the stack, and have a lot of influence over the safety and robustness of our open source database and a growing ecosystem of cloud services and client applications. Recently, we've improved our database operation auditing system to be more expressive and less disruptive, we built Client Side Field Level Encryption support with integrations in AWS, GCP, and Azure, and we created an officially supported SELinux profile.
Are you excited by the prospect of baking security into the lowest levels of a large scale distributed database system? We are! Join us today, and we can make databases safer and more secure for everyone.Position Expectations
- Identify, design, implement, test, and support new features related to cryptography, security engineering, and compliance assurance, in a large feature-rich C++ codebase
- Assist fellow engineers in, and be an advocate for, writing secure well-reasoned industrial-strength software
- Collaborate with other server engineers, client drivers, cloud services, support, consulting, training, and marketing teams to coordinate changes
- In three months, you’ll have contributed to a project slated for the next major version of the MongoDB server, as well as fixed a few bugs in a minor version of our latest stable release series
- In six months, we'll be relying on you for code reviews and reviewing the designs for new features
- In twelve months, you’re leading the development of a new major feature and are helping to mentor new engineers on the team
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.