Senior Software Engineer, Service Architecture at MongoDB
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $89B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.Who are we?
The Service Architecture (SA) team maintains and improves the “glue” that holds together all the low level systems and services that power the MongoDB database server. Among the capabilities we provide other MongoDB server teams are:
- Concurrency Primitives
- Asynchronous Programming Frameworks
- Process Management Frameworks
- Command Request/Response Communication
- Command Processing & Thread Management
Engineers on the SA team spend their days working with: wire level protocols, tough concurrency problems, stack frames & low level debugging, various concepts from operating systems, compiler theory, and the occasional logical or physical clock.Who are you?
The Service Architecture (SA) team is looking for a software engineer to join our ranks. We’re looking for candidates who demonstrate an above-average knowledge and genuine interest in any of the areas listed above. If you love the arcane internals of an operating system kernel, get in touch!What to expect?
- In the first month, you will have understood the high level architecture of MongoDB and fixed a few trivial bugs to understand our workflows
- In three months, you will have contributed to the development in C++ of a project slated for the next major release of MongoDB, and diagnosed and fixed a few customer or testing-reported issues, build failures, or bugs
- In six months, you will have taken on code review responsibilities and are involved in reviewing the design for new features
- In twelve months, you are leading the development of a new feature and are helping to mentor new engineers on the team
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.