Senior Software Engineer - Shopping Experiences at GoDaddy
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs everywhere, making opportunity more inclusive for all. We're a trusted growth partner to over 19 million everyday entrepreneurs worldwide. We're empowering them to change the world if it doesn't quite fit them. To make their idea real. To grow it online. We help them do what they've been dreaming of and make the world they want. To learn more about us visit www.GoDaddy.com.
This product group is one of the key strategic pillars of GoDaddy, with an important contribution to the company's revenue, customer growth, and innovation. The right individual will be self-driven, positive, and willing to learn from and work with others. Someone who cares about maintainability of the code, automation, deployment processes, system resiliency and how to enable innovation through fostering a growing culture of Open Source. You will go beyond just coding and help to shape the engineering culture and best practices here at GoDaddy.
Tempe, Carlsbad, Santa Clara, Remote
What you'll get to do...
- Be accountable for code quality and writing unit and integration tests
- Perform code reviews to suggest, encourage, and support coding best practices
- Work collaboratively with a distributed team
- Identify, measure, and understand user needs and execute on appropriate solutions
- Constantly learn, grow, and improve
- Contribute to open source projects and communities
- Continuously learn and share new ideas and technical concepts
Your experience should include...
- 1+ years professional web development experience in related technologies
- 1+ years Ruby on Rails experience
- 1+ years developing REST API’s for web services.
- Experience developing applications on AWS
- Object-oriented programming and design fundamentals
- Understanding of modern datastore mechanics and performance
- Passion for quality, user experience, and cutting edge web technologies
- Experience with unit testing and TDD principles
- Proficiency with Git/Github
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Familiarity with building software using Agile concepts and processes
- General understanding of web client performance
- Test automation experience a serious plus
We've got your back...
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at [email protected]
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.