Our team is responsible for a broad portfolio of analytics products, including MongoDB’s BI Connector, JDBC and ODBC drivers, and a SQL-to-MQL translation engine offered via our Atlas Data Lake product. As an engineer, your work will include compilers, query planning, and query optimization. The team is currently developing a SQL dialect that provides first-class support for structured and polymorphic data while also maintaining compatibility with BI Tools and the SQL standard.
If you like working on query languages and database systems, and want to help build products that expose the power of MongoDB’s document database to developers and analysts, this team is the place for you!Successful candidates will have the following qualities
- Hands-on experience building industrial-strength software
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in at least one compiled language, and interest in working with Go, C, Rust, and Java
- Solid computer science fundamentals, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design/architecture
- Interest in the theory and practice of database query engines. Hands-on experience or M.Sc./Ph.D in the domain is preferred
- Innovate at the intersection of traditional relational databases and modern flexible-schema databases
- Understand and improve the existing functionality in MongoDB’s SQL products
- Identify, design, implement, test, and support new features related to query language enhancements, query performance, and integration with other products and tools
- Work with other engineers to seamlessly develop and release of changes across multiple products
- Work with other teams including Atlas Data Lake and Server Query to coordinate changes or contribute to their projects
- In three months you’ll have contributed to the development of a new feature, as well as fixed a few bugs in our existing products
- In six months, you’ll have taken on code review responsibilities and are involved in implementation of a major new feature
- In twelve months, you’re leading the development of a new major feature and are helping to mentor new engineers on the team
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.