Senior Software Engineer, Sync at MongoDB
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
At Realm we help mobile developers build better apps faster by giving them a powerful alternative to SQLite. Realm on-device object database is open-source and used by more than a hundred thousand active developers. Over 65% of Fortune 1000 companies rely on Realm in their apps.
While we are remote optional until January 10, 2022 we are looking for candidates who will be available to work from our NYC HQ long term.
The Sync team focuses on building the real-time synchronization engine for Realm Cloud platform, which automatically synchronizes data objects across all devices and the servers in real-time. Realm Sync makes it easy for mobile developers to build sophisticated mobile apps quickly with data-driven features (such as collaboration or messaging) that are responsive and performant irrespective of network status.
As a Senior Engineer, you will work with anything from high-level architecture, API design, algorithms and advanced data structures, to low-level optimizations. You will be involved in the whole process from idea, architecture, design, implementation and test to documentation. We are looking for a person who is a self-starter, enjoys both planned and interrupt-driven work schedules, and has a laser focus on ensuring a great developer experience.The ideal candidate will have...
- 5+ years of C++ experience working on production systems (knowledge of modern C++17 is preferred)
- Experience with multi-threaded programming in a resource constrained environment
- Experience with asynchronous network programming on POSIX and Windows
- Experience building portable software to run on a wide variety of hardware and operating systems - we build software for everything from x86 Linux to Apple iOS to raspberry PIs to Android phones
- Prior experience with data replication/synchronization and distributed systems
- Experience with standard (or advanced) data structures and algorithms
- Prior experience with Go (bonus)
- Prior experience with MongoDB (bonus)
- Prior experience with database internals (bonus)
- Experience with mobile or embedded development (bonus)
- Design, build and maintain Realm Sync client components
- Write high quality (e.g. clean, well-tested) code
- Participate actively in the code review process
- Collaborate effectively with teammates and colleagues across the organization
- Deliver tasks on-time, clearly, communicate challenges or roadblocks
- Know their way around Sync and Core code base
- Can deliver tasks through the entire SDLC, from design through deployment with minimal guidance
- Establish a cadence of on-time delivery without cutting corners
- Can communicate design decisions and trade-offs effectively while working with a geographically distributed team
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.