As the leading workforce management solution for the skilled trades, Workrise makes it easier for skilled laborers to find work, and for companies to find in-demand workers. Workrise currently operates in wind, solar, construction, oil and gas, and defense industries. We’re growing, and we’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Workrise is hiring a Senior Software Engineer that will be responsible for working with other engineers to bring all of Workrise’s first and third party software into one unified system. Our ideal candidate for this role will be someone who is a generalist who enjoys tackling a variety of projects.
Why Join us? Our System Integration engineering team’s vision is to scale our systems and processes to serve our rapidly growing workforce quickly and accurately. We are doing this by leveraging new tools like business process management and robotic automation as well as creating new software like API endpoints and message delivery systems.What you’ll be doing:
These projects can shift month-to-month but can include:
- Setting up new 3rd party software or new APIs in kubernetes
- Participating in requirements gathering with product & operations
- Taking business process from design and modeling to implementation
- Working with other engineering teams to expand their APIs
What you should have:
- 5+ years of software development
- 2+ years experience with various architecture patterns: microservices over REST, GraphQL / Backend for Frontend, Pub/Sub, Streaming data
- Used or familiar with modern application frameworks like: Nest.js, Spring Boot, Ruby on Rails
- Familiarity with building applications with complex workflow requirements
- Worked on a variety of engineering projects
- Lead at least one software development project to completion
- Worked in an Agile environment
- Experience with the full software development life cycle
- Experience with logging and monitoring tools like DataDog, SumoLogic, Kibana and familiarity with SRE and Observability principles
- Nice to have:
- Experience with Pub/Sub systems (Kafka, SQS, etc)
- Business Process Management Systems or Workflow Engines such as Camunda or Lombardi
- Robotic Process Automation tools such as UiPath or Automation Anywhere
- Mentoring junior developers
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with coworkers by displaying our company values: Own the Mission, Learn and Grow, Solutions Over Ego, and Raise the Bar. In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with various health insurance plan options (including medical, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, and competitive 401k matching.
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the oil & gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. And while our commitment hasn’t changed, our business has. What started in oil & gas has grown to include construction, wind, solar, and defense. So we believe it’s time our company’s name reflects that evolution. We’re excited to announce that RigUp is now Workrise— a full-stack workforce provider, powered by technology specifically built for the diverse industries we serve.