The HeartFlow Reporting Algorithm & Visualization team is responsible for the design, computation, and delivery of HeartFlow's non-invasive FFRct technology to internal and external customers via various platforms and mediums. As a Senior Software Engineer in Test on the team, this candidate will help build and deliver highly anticipated market-disrupting products for treatment and understanding of Coronary Artery Disease, with an emphasis on the CCTA image visualization and automated vessel reconstruction part of our product. This candidate should have a passion for test engineering and be excited to work alongside developers to build, improve, and deliver significant product enhancements that will improve the lives of our customers.
- Contribute to and drive the test efforts and test best practices within the Reporting Algorithm & Visualization scrum team throughout the software development lifecycle; this includes significant contributions in all stages from requirements & software generation, release candidate verification, through to reporting and debugging of product defects.
- Collaborate with engineering and project management to design & implement software while ensuring that new features are testable.
- Develop, improve and maintain scalable and robust test framework(s) that are designed to evaluate functionality and performance of various components.
- Design and implement automated tests within said test framework(s) to cover new features and supporting infrastructure within HeartFlow’s software.
- Architect, implement and constantly improve the build ecosystem of our Continuous Integration, Testing and Delivery pipeline
- 5+ years experience as an Engineer in Test.
- Knowledge of different testing strategies (e.g. black/white box, integration, feature flag, security, performance, etc.)
- CI/CD, Jenkins, Docker.
- Previous experience extending test frameworks to encompass various test levels and enhancing automated coverage with deterministic results.
- Strong background in Python.
- Background using Node.js (including Puppeteer library) and NPM or equivalent runtime environments.
- Experience with server side applications/services / RESTful APIs.
- Proven experience demonstrating good judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Previous exposure to Agile software development practices (Scrum/Kanban).
Nice to Have Skills and Experience:
- Prior experience in an FDA/Medical Device regulated environment (familiarity with IEC 62304, working knowledge of design controls and quality systems).
- Previous experience with Datadog or other cloud monitoring platforms.
- Linux, Unix, and Windows systems and/or scripting languages in these Operating Systems.
- Previous experience rendering 3D graphics and using WebGL to implement in a web browser
Educational Requirements & Work Experience
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or related technical degree; advanced degree is a plus.
- 8+ year(s) of relevant industry experience in software design, development, or testing.
- 3+ year(s) experience in Python.