Senior Software Engineer, Ultra at Unity
Unity’s Ultra Simple Creation (Ultra) team is building out new creative tools that will inspire and enable entirely new markets of makers. Your role will be to help build out technical solutions across a wide range of problems: web & mobile authoring, scaling, content management and distribution, 3D, animation, video and more.
This team and product are extensions of Unity’s belief that the world is better with more creators in it. Specifically, Ultra is highly targeted at the massive number of everyday, common creative tasks that ordinary people have to do. We make it easier than ever to make beautiful, high quality creations.
This role is especially pivotal as an ‘early startup employee’. You will work alongside your peers in design & product, and are specifically responsible for bringing technical challenges to life. You will report directly to the Director of Engineering, and your role is crucial to the team’s success.
This is a rare opportunity to join a 0-1 product team inside a well-established, successful company, helping to expand Unity’s tool suite to an entirely new class of users.
What you’ll be doing
- We want you to join the founding team developing a brand-new Unity product that will be used by millions of real-time creators.
- You will be one of the first engineering hires, helping us prototype and build out the products.
- You will be working on a massively scalable web-first, cloud-based system from the ground up.
- You will work with a growing team that includes many functional areas: presentation engine, creation suite, persistent storage, collaboration, content management, content distribution, creator marketplace, analytics, plugins and SDKs.
What we’re looking for
- 10+ years hands-on experience developing and shipping web-based and mobile technology and applications, in particular 3D, animation and rich media engines, creation tools, streaming services and consumer applications
- Significant experience in full stack Web development
- Strategic problem solver with the ability to work with multi-functional partners at all levels
You might also have
- Agile approach: build, test, and measure; iterate quickly based on customer feedback
- Experience working closely with designers on design tools
- Startup experience, from the garage through exit
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.