Senior Software Engineer, VB.NET at Blackbaud
From a technical perspective, we are making noise by doing things like open sourcing our SKY UX which is an Angular framework providing consistency in our software and allowing external clients to extend via our APIs. We were also recently announced as making Forbes’ 25 Fastest Growing Public Tech Companies.
Many individuals find themselves coming to Blackbaud because of the clients we serve. The idea of using your craft/skillset to help non-profit organizations further improve how they achieve success for their causes is a great driving force for many people here.
About Our Development Team
As a part of the team, you’ll collaborate with project team members to ensure the development and implementation of solutions built. You’ll provide technical mentorship to your peers and junior engineers by facilitating design and code reviews and helping them in their technical skill growth. You’ll provide input on functional requirements, product designs and implementations as well as write code to help bring our existing products into the future.
Our ideal engineer is collaborative in nature, opinionated about contemporary software development practices and open-minded to contrasting views. If you’re passionate about technology and an expert in building tools with a wide set of domain knowledge around UI, full stack development or API development, we’d love to hear from you.
What you’ll be doing:
- Drive development effort of high quality solutions while practicing test driven development, and empowering our development teams to own their features end to end.
- Identify and execute on areas of the application where it makes sense to split out a microservice for the benefit of all products in our portfolio
- Collaborate with peers to design, develop and deliver performant/scalable product enhancements
- Provide critical thinking, technical innovation and attention to detail while serving as a trusted advisor in the organization.
- Actively contribute in discussions around software architecture and application design
- Actively use Agile best practices
- Mentor and work with engineers to grow existing technical skills and learn new ones
What we’ll want you to have:
- 3+ years’ experience developing software using contemporary technologies
- Understanding of software engineering best practices including: agile methodology, design patterns, decoupled architectures, and test-driven development
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar field
- Experience & Understanding of:
- SQL Server
- VB .NET
- IIS Familiarity
- Excellent communication skills – Ability to listen and share ideas in small or large groups
- Ability to provide mentorship to other engineers
- Passion for keeping up to date with evolving technologies and finding creative ways to bring those ideas to our existing features/products