Senior Software Engineer, XR Features at Unity (Austin, TX)
Developing the Unity platform means designing, building, testing, and maintaining new features and products that enable artists, modellers and developers to create rich and interactive content. We are driving the future of how content is created and experienced.
At Unity, we are passionate about the new creative avenues that AR and VR bring to our developers. With that, we are investing heavily in these futures, from integrating third party hardware to developing mechanisms to allow developers to easily take advantage of these new platforms. By joining the XR team, you will be working on one of the most popular game engines helping to integrate groundbreaking AR/VR technologies and devices. You will be directly involved in partners that are eager to see their platforms running experiences powered by Unity.
As a member of the XR Engineering team, you will help bring new XR platforms and features to Unity. While working in a collaborative group environment, you will be provided opportunities to help learn and continue growth in programming. If you have a passion for the XR space and want to help achieve its full potential, Unity should be the next stop in your career!
What you’ll be doing
- Implementing into the Unity engine new technologies and features that support XR
- Collaborating with other teams within the XR group to help bring cohesive and user friendly experiences to developers
- Working individually, or within a small group, to integrate third party SDKs for next generation hardware and software platforms
- Ensuring quality by investigating reported issues, participating in code reviews a participating in ongoing meetings for project planning, status meetings, and QA updates.
- Writing automated tests around new or existing functionality; partnering closely with embedded QA to establish best practices, investigation of issues, and quality of code written
What we’re looking for
- AR/VR experience
- Proven history of leading projects and a desire to take ownership of the technical architecture of a system
- Advanced C/C++ skills
- C# development experience
- 3D Math understanding
You might also have
- Prior development experience with Android and/or iOS
- Advanced C# proficiency
- Passion for future technologies
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.