Senior Software Engineer
If you are hungry, have that “start up” mentality, and are searching for an opportunity to be involved in the entire lifecycle of mobile app creation (concept, design, implement, test, release, and support) then look no further.
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- 3+ years experience of mobile application development experience (React Native/Swift/Kotlin preferred; Java/Objective-C accepted).
- Strong understanding of the Android or iOS ecosystem and its guidelines for app development.
- Solid knowledge of architectural approaches (MVC, MVP, MVVM).
- Experience interfacing with REST APIs.
- Experience supporting the entire application lifecycle of consumer apps (concept, design, test, integration, publish/release and support).
Nice to Have:
- Portfolio of released applications on the iOS and/or Android app store.
- Experience with React Native.
- Experience with Expo, Android Studio, Xcode, or similar IDE.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- BS/MS in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Excited to learn new technologies.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with a small team of motivated designers, engineers, and product managers to help build a number of BigCommerce mobile applications.
- Participate in code reviews and mobile application debugging and diagnosis.
- See design requirements from concept through to completion (develop, debug, test, document and deploy).
- Write code that is performant, fault-tolerant, maintainable, testable, and concise.
- Push yourself to learn the full BigCommerce tech stack: Ruby, Scala, Docker, PHP, Angular, Node, MySQL, Redis, and more…
Our mission is to revolutionize commerce, bringing online selling and features once reserved for multi-billion-dollar companies to the masses. To make that a reality, we need exceptional people to build, support and grow our platform. If that’s you, come join a fast-growing company with more than 85,000 clients, a great culture, outstanding benefits and $125 million in funding from visionary investors like Steve Case's Revolution Partners, Softbank, Amex and Telstra.
We’re a team of smart, passionate and talented people on a mission to democratize commerce. If you’re looking to work with industry leaders and love what you do, we want to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits
- Choice of parking or light rail pass for those in downtown Austin office
- An amazing company culture that doesn’t just talk values, but lives them
- Open vacation policy for salaried team members + paid sick time
- Competitive compensation packages and meaningful stock grants for every employee
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage that starts on day one
- Fully stocked kitchens with snacks and drinks (don’t worry, we also subsidize gym memberships)
- Four especially cool offices in Austin, San Francisco and Sydney
- A free online store to help you live out your entrepreneurial dreams
- Employee-driven team building activities like paintball, rock climbing, social sports leagues, hackathons, movie nights, river floats, etc.
- Time off for volunteering and employee-driven charity events