Senior Software Engineer
You're looking for a role where you can drive decisions, be challenged and build a powerful and novel product. You want to collaborate smart, creative, and energetic people. You’re comfortable with being uncomfortable. You look for projects where you can learn new technologies and techniques. You thrive in an environment based on autonomy and trust. You’re creative. If this sounds like you, you sound like someone we want on our team.
New Knowledge is a fast-growing technology company on a mission to defend public discourse. We use AI and machine learning to protect brands from disinformation attacks and are revolutionizing the way communities, companies, and industries respond to the spread of disinformation. We are led by successful entrepreneurs, NSA veterans and disinformation industry experts. Current clients include Fortune 100 customers across a number of industries and our investors include Moonshots Capital, GGV Capital and Capital Factory.
We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer with 5 or more years of experience. This role will be based out of our Austin office, will report to the Engineering Manager.
What you’ll do:
- Collect data from external sites, often in creative ways
- Build resilient scrapers that can reliably collect data
- Design ways to effectively collect data from sometimes difficult sources
Who you are:
- You are comfortable independently coding, preferably in Python
- It’d be great if you’ve used Selenium, AutoHotKey, or OS X Automator
- You’re creative and tenacious - you don’t give up
- You understand the value and enjoy working as a part of a team
- Building cool things that work excites you
- You thrive off the energy and pace of a small team
- You’re adaptable and looking for new things to work on
What You’ll Get:
- Chance to do purpose-driven work with smart, dedicated colleagues
- Competitive salary, medical, dental, and vision plans
- 401(k) with a 100% company match up to 4% of salary and immediate vesting
- A leadership team that trusts and embraces technology
- Flexible work hours
- Unlimited vacation that you’re encouraged to take, including paid parental leave
- Stocked kitchen full of healthy snacks and Topo Chico
- Weekly catered lunches
- Monthly team-wide events like Alamo Drafthouse movie screenings, escape rooms, and stand up paddleboarding
- Many more benefits … apply to find out!