Senior Software Engineer
The GoDaddy Austin Engineering Team is on a mission to build the absolute best software in the local space. We use our data and technology to effectively create and manage local business owners’ digital assets at scale. While our customers are hard at work realizing their passion and dream, our software delivers:
-A compelling digital experience that matches the authenticity and spirit of that local business to their consumers. We can help the consumers to find their next favorite local joint or love their current one even more.
-Data driven insights about their consumers and their business - insights they can use to compete with the giants and thrive.
-A content platform that empowers our content managers to create engaging content while having fun using the tools.
Our tech stack is React, Java 8, REST APIs, Docker, and AWS. We have Front End, Full Stack, and Back End openings available. What are you most passionate about?
As a Senior Software Engineer at GoDaddy Austin, you will:
- Solve technical problems that few have solved before – no one else helps Local Businesses the way we do!
- Participate in the decision making progress – we want you to speak up!
- Mentor your team members to share your passion for software, your appreciation for engineering discipline, and your respect for the craft of software development
- Take on the challenge of making what you build higher quality, faster, and more scalable.
- Have a direct impact on the company’s top line performance.
- 5+ years in software development – not a must, if your wisdom is beyond your years of experience, even better.
- Enthusiasm for local businesses and a fit with our values.
- A solid grasp on CS fundamentals and deep appreciation for the craft of software development.
- A thirst to learn, tenacity to take on hard problems, and the courage to own your responsibilities.
- An unselfish, team-first attitude.
- You get energized by the rising bar, unfazed by nebulous business problems, excited to contribute to a cause bigger than yourself.
- Great attention to detail, because details matter (if you apply, include the word “purple” somewhere in your resume or cover letter).
- Embrace and thrive in fast-paced, lean startup cultures – we insist on saying NO to big corporate mentality.
- Personal ambition - embrace challenges, energized by more more more, inspired by learning and growing.
- Experience in building high quality production grade scalable systems is a huge plus.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.