Senior Software Engineer at GoDaddy
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With 19 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs everywhere, making opportunity more inclusive for all. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.As a Senior Software Development Engineer in the CTO organization, you are part of a highly visible team focused on building tools that help all the GoDaddy engineering teams focus on engineering best practices.
Being highly creative and hardworking with a love for big data and building APIs that serve beautiful UIs, while interacting and integrating with all Product teams.
We take agile seriously, and believe that great ideas come from everyone, so you can have a huge impact very quickly. You will apply your proven coding skills and experience of building quality tools, and mentoring skills to help the team thrive.
You have passion to help other teams and engineers excel at what they do, and understand its positive impact on customers’ businesses.Responsibilities
- Design, implement, and maintain tools used by other engineers across GoDaddy, as well as management all way to the CEO.
- Streamline the integrations with GoDaddy’s product teams and services.
- Lead teams during application development, providing mentorship throughout the process from initial design to production deployment.
- Actively participate and lead in ensuring team follows appropriate agile development practices.
- Closely collaborate with metrics champions and program managers.
- Collaborate with other organizational technical leaders, ensuring overall GoDaddy standards are being evangelized, and updated, when necessary.
- Several years of software development experience on developing and shipping applications with RESTful backend services and customer-facing frontend.
- Experience with distributed system and database technologies.
- Must have extensive experience with Python, and be proficient on backend and frontend languages and frameworks.
- Experience working with large streams of data with tools like Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Flume, and Cassandra
- Experience with AWS cloud architectures and services, shipping end-to-end products in cloud environments.
- Familiarity with open-source technology stacks and practices.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent degree, with proven computer science fundamentals.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at [email protected]
Please note that GODADDY does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
To submit your application to this position, please click Apply . On the next screen, after you click Apply, click Create to establish your candidate account. If you have previously created a candidate account, please slick Sign-In and use that account to complete your application.