Senior Software Engineer at Vrbo
Vrbo is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to play a vital role engineering and building out solutions and tools that enable our Communication team to support millions of vacation rental owners and traveler customers across the Expedia Group platform. We are looking for an adaptable, high performing, motivated and self-reliant Software Engineer able to develop leading-edge web applications in a cloud architecture, using hundreds of separate services and applications, with a highly flexible web layer using the latest technologies.What You’ll Do:
- Develop features relying on microservices, and data science programming models
- Translate designs into high-quality code
- Optimize components for maximum performance across a vast array of cloud (AWS) services
- Build RESTful, gRPC and GraphQL based APIs using Java.
- Conduct peer code reviews and act as a go-to person for other developers needing technical advice
- Bachelor's Degree or higher, preferably in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of software development experience delivering consumer-facing web applications and services
- Experience collaborating on a multi-functional team including product management, architects, and UI Designers
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum team environment
- Full stack development experience with deep understanding of Java, Node.js, AWS (Lambda, Aurora, S3) and NoSQL databases for server-side application development detailed knowledge of Kafka for application development
- Familiarity with test-and-learn approaches using web and customer analytics data, understanding how these will drive hypotheses-based development
- Able to integrate with and balance APIs exposing microservices (REST) including development and support of Java services
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility)
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on vrbo.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work and to provide them with tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.About Vrbo
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of HomeAway and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.