Senior Software Engineer at Khoros
At Khoros, our passion is to help the world's best brands create customers for life. We build products we're proud of, and we're passionate about customer success. As part of the Vista Equity family, you'll receive best in class development opportunities and the ability to work with customers like Samsung, HP, Sony and Visa.
Looking for your next engineering gig? Khoros in Austin is looking to add more Software Engineers to our already-awesome engineering team. We operate multiple SaaS applications in the Social Media space. We work in small startup-like teams and love delivering value to our customers through shipping code. We deploy as often as we can, and would love for you to deploy to production on day one.We are vocal. Engineers, designers, and product managers are peers on teams to create our products. Our voice is critical in making our software awesome. We grow. We didn't know all of this ten years ago, and our industry is changing constantly. We want engineers that love learning, and we want experts that aim to set the bar high. We're hiring engineers to help us solve challenging problems using JVM-based, open source technologies.
The Khoros engagement platform comprises Online Community, Social Media Management and Messaging products for social customer service, social support and social media marketing teams to listen, respond and act on customer conversations – creating deep relationships and fostering brand loyalty and advocacy.
The best Fortune 1000 companies in the world trust Khoros to help them build closer, more personalized and trusted relationships with their customers. Some of our clients: HP, Samsung, and LiveNation (to name a few). We are a Vista Equity Partners portfolio company, growing fast and adding new products to our platform organically and inorganically.
Some Responsibilities include:
- work with a sharp engineering team on impactful projects in our Marketing platform
- build Saas-based applications with JVM-based technologies like Java and/or Scala
- contribute to architectural design and participate in design reviews
- advocate for good engineering practices within and outside of your team
- participate in code reviews with teammates
- support and mentor early-career engineers
- participate in an on-call rotation for escalations
- 5+ years of experience building SaaS-based applications on a team
- collaborated with other engineers through git and pull requests
- a track record of using good software development practices, patterns and architecture
- worked on on distributed systems leveraging cloud-based services, like AWS
- worked with relational databases like MySQL
- excellent communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills
Nice to Haves:
- worked with Java or Scala, and related tech like Spring, Hibernate, Finatra, etc.
- worked with real-time data processing tech like Kafka, Storm, etc.
- worked with NoSQL databases like Cassandra, DynamoDB, etc.