Senior Software Engineer at Smarter Sorting
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:57 p.m. (CST) on Friday, July 31, 2020
Come work at Smarter Sorting!
We are in the midst of transforming our platform to reliably serve our customer's data needs. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer experienced in building Python and Go web services to help us develop scalable solutions.
Our ideal teammate is a digital carpenter who is excited at the opportunity to craft a platform that serves the increasing demands of our customers. Ultimately, our engineer will take ownership of all data science related areas of our platform and infrastructure.
You will be joining a team of experienced software architects and developers who are creating a data platform to disrupt the compliance space and further our sustainable mission.
What You'll Be Doing
- Help transform our R&D grade platform to a stable and performant production system
- Create services to serve the data needs of both internal and external customers
- Ultimately owning the portions of the platform interfacing with our data scientists
What We're Looking For
- BA/BS in CS, MIS, Math, Statistics, Engineering or related degree
- Expert in Python and Go and software engineering fundamentals
- Experienced building web applications with Python frameworks
- Experienced with REST and queue based services
- Experienced working with data scientists and machine learning frameworks
- Familiar with Postgres, Mongo, ElasticSearch
- Familiar with Kubernetes and containerized deployment
- Communicative and able to work independently
- Approaches ambiguity with a decisive and investigative mind
- Takes ownership and responsibility of critical systems
- Enjoys building code that gets deployed and used
Your first month
- Demonstrate understanding of our system architecture
- Work on tickets for building out our production data platform
- Complete organizational onboarding
Your first 3 months
- Work on new platform features as the transition completes
- Collaborate with data science team on migration to new infrastructure
Your first 6 months
- Ownership of infrastructure used by the data science team
- Ownership of the production platform interface with the data science team
Your Benefits & Perks
Competitive Compensation Packages
Medical, dental & vision insurance
Short-term disability insurance
Generous Parental Leave
Unlimited Paid Time Off
Continuing Education Sponsorship
Bi-Annual All-Hands, Volunteering & Special Events (with baby goats in attendance)
Unlimited snacks & drinks
Smarter Sorting is a purpose-driven company committed to advancing sustainability at every phase of the consumer product lifecycle. Our cutting-edge machine learning technology enables cost-effective, legally compliant decisions for all unsold products, and our process advances our partners’ zero-waste goals.
As a collective group of machine learning experts, successful serial entrepreneurs, data scientists, sustainability experts, and national account program managers, our passion for data-driven sustainability drives us toward a singular goal: to reduce waste through the salvation of unwanted items. Our goal is to minimize valuable product disposal and maximize sustainable alternatives such as donation, reuse, and recycling.
A healthy culture is key to our company’s success and more importantly our employees’ happiness. At Smarter Sorting: We do what it takes. We are driven to become experts. We are not jerks. We are real. We have grit. Our core values drive our culture and in turn, we achieve our vision.
Better decisions. Better data. Greener planet. All made possible by the best people. Come join our team!
Read Full Job Description