Senior Software Engineer at Q2
Q2 is seeking an ambitious Senior Software Developer familiar with all stages of the development pipeline. This candidate should be comfortable in all aspects of development including initial design, implementation, automated testing, and deployment to production systems. As part of our Engineering Development group, based in Austin, TX, this candidate will be using Agile development processes to define, develop, implement, and support custom solutions through fast-paced, dynamic projects involving components at every level of the Q2 platform. Our ideal candidate is someone with a self-motivated spirit, a collaborative mindset, and is comfortable with driving the team into new methods and new technologies to engineer solutions using a mix of open technologies and our own proprietary framework.
- Contribute to increasing code quality and productivity through leadership in areas such as Test-Driven Development, Continuous Integration, and deployment to production orchestration systems.
- Identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Drive team towards moving services to the cloud with testing and automation.
- Participate in code reviews to provide input on requirements and identify potential problems.
- Design, implement, integrate, and test software solutions of moderate complexity comprised of Windows- and Linux-based front-end and back-end components that interact with end-users and integrate with internal and external services.
- Work individually and collaboratively to deliver solutions in live production systems.
- Support, maintain and resolve problems for custom features in live production systems.
- Responsible for ensuring that all security, availability, confidentiality, and privacy policies and controls are adhered to.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE:
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Passion for applying good design principals and tested code in an Agile environment
- Proficiency in OO and scripting languages (Python, Node, Go, Java, Bash, Csh)
- Experience with RESTful APIs and web development
- Experience with CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Robot Framework, Selenium)
- Experience with Orchestration Tools (Nomad, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm)
- Experiences with Containerization (Docker)
- Knowledgeable about principles of Test-Driven Development
- Effective communication and collaboration skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Occasional availability for on-call/emergency support
- Ability to work flexible hours when necessary for deadlines and off-hours installations