The Data Platform and Engineering team at Retailmenot is responsible for developing and maintaining the analytics pipeline that collects data across all platforms as well as building new services to allow for faster and most efficient data processing. This team is also responsible for developing core datasets and for exposing data services consumed by data science, product and business teams. On a daily basis we collect over 600 GB of analytics events and process around hundreds of terabytes of data. Our team works quickly to deliver analytics for new features for real time and batch processing services.
In this role you will be working closely with our data science and Business Analytics team to create large scale services for processing and serving data.
You will have good software experience with Python coupled with strong SQL skills. In addition, you will also have strong desire to work with Kubernetes, Airflow and AWS technologies such as Kinesis, AWS Lambda, Kubernetes, Elasticache, CloudWatch, Athena, Redshift, Glue, Spark, Athena, RDS, EMR and various other tools in AWS ecosystem.
Who You Are
- You have a Bachelor's degree in computer Science or equivalent STEM field, or equivalent work experience.
- You must have 5+ years of experience in software development experiences.
- You show a proven understanding and application of Computer Science fundamentals: data structures, algorithm and design patterns.
- You have an ownership mentality and track record of successful high quality results.
- You identify any ambiguous requirements and provide clarity when needed.
- You are proficient in technologies such as - Python, MYSQL, Airflow, Kubernetes.
- Experience with Amazon cloud computing infrastructure (AWS RDS, Redshift, EMR, etc.) good to have
- You have an understanding of systems architecture technologies including Linux, Amazon Web Services, Kubernetes and Docker.
- You have experience with common software engineering tools like Jira, Gitlabs, Confluence etc.
- You have great communication and collaboration skills.
What You'll Do
- You will collaborate with other teams to generate technical solutions.
- You will work together with your Agile team to improve process and delivery through collaborative problem-solving.
- You’ll cultivate and enhance a culture built around standard methodologies for testing, automation, and monitoring.
- You will research and recommend new technologies to enable us to iterate more quickly.Some technologies we use today Kubernetes, Helm, Terraform, Elasticache, Redshift, AWS Lambda,AWS Glue.
- You will mentor others on the team and in engineering organizations about data best practices.
- You will lead design and development of complex services and data pipelines built by the team.
Who We Are
- We believe our technologists should make technology decisions. We give engineers extensive freedom to make technical choices and to collaboratively define our technical roadmap.
- We believe the role of engineering leadership is to create and maintain an organization that empowers engineers to thrive.
- We devote a ton of effort and resources to hiring and retaining a team of excellent engineers because we believe that extraordinary engineers are happiest when they have a supportive and equally exceptional team helping them to succeed and grow.
- We are a polyglot company that utilizes dynamic and static languages, some functional, and others object oriented.
- We use the newest service offerings of public cloud providers, as well as important open source technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
We offer an opportunity to be an integral part of a company that eagerly pursues disruption in its space to continue to drive innovation and lead the competition. Benefits of being an employee of RetailMeNot, Inc. include, but are not limited to the following:
- Competitive base & bonus packages; salary negotiable
- Long Term Incentive Plan
- Performance based rewards & recognition for your hard work and service
- Very competitive benefits packages, including best-in-class parental leave
- Open & flexible PTO
- Cell phone & gym membership reimbursements
*Some rewards do not apply to contract workers or interns.
RetailMeNot, Inc. is a leading savings destination bringing people and the things they love
together through savings with retailers, brands, restaurants and pharmacies. RetailMeNot
makes everyday life more affordable through online and in-store coupon codes, cash back
offers, and the RetailMeNot Deal Finder™ browser extension. Savings are also provided in
consumers’ mailboxes through the RetailMeNot Everyday™ direct mail package, and at the
pharmacy with RxSaver by RetailMeNot.
RetailMeNot is a Vericast business. To learn more, visit http://www.retailmenot.com/corp or
follow @RetailMeNot on social media.
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Information
At RetailMeNot we celebrate difference. We are committed to ensuring an environment of mutual respect for every employee and proud to be an an equal employment opportunity employer who does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We believe a diverse and inclusive workplace is central to our success and actively seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse pool of candidates. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us align with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.