Senior Software Engineer at Expedia Group
Senior Software Engineer
Are you looking to join a team at the forefront of travel technology development? Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories? Are you interested in opportunities to participate in exciting global company hackathons and various career building courses with co-workers of all levels of expertise? You have a great opportunity to work with Identity Team at Expedia Group!
What you'll do:
- Develop quality scalable, tested and reliable applications and microservices using industry practices to process. thousands of requests per second.
- Deliver tested and optimized high performance code for a distributed micro services environment.
- Participate in resolution and root cause analysis of production issues and lead efforts toward solutions.
- Own continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) while utilizing Agile methodologies.
- Mentor junior engineers.
- Develop a smart service layer that will allow for in-session personalization based of user behavior and data.
- Scale our public API to allow other partners to use our services & experiences on third party sites.
Technologies we use:
Java8/11, Kotlin, Spring Boot, OAuth, OIDC, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, Mongo DB, Redis Cache, SQL Server, S3, AWS, Docker, Dropwizard, Kafka, Data Dog, Node.js, React, Redux, React Native, etc.
Who you are:
- Passionate about gaining and sharing knowledge with your co-workers and are fun to work with!
- Proficient in web services development, web and/or application containers, microservices architecture
- Have Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of event driven architecture and tools like Kafka
- Experience in Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) tools, as well as working in an agile team environment is preferred
- Have great communication skills with ability to work well across multiple departments
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, Vrbo®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® Cruise® and SilverRail Technologies, Inc. For more information, visit www.expediagroup.com.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.