Senior Software Engineer at Procore Technologies
What if you could use your technology skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to join Procore’s journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
As a Senior Software Engineer on our Ecosystem team, you’ll enable our customers to dynamically customize and extend the Procore Platform to fit each of their projects’ unique needs. You’ll drive immediate and long-term strategic direction for major parts of the technology stack by identifying critical areas based on future growth and collaborating with Product, UX, and other groups to develop roadmaps and tackle initiatives.
Backed by the might of our teams, you’ll be provided with the tools and resources needed to achieve extraordinary results that render a significant impact extending beyond the boundaries of traditional engineering roles. If you have a curious mind and proven experience developing complex solutions to difficult problems —we have a spot for you on our team.
This position will report to the Sr. Manager and has the opportunity to work remotely or be based in our Carpinteria, CA, or Austin, TX offices. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Engage in the evolution of one of the best API’s in construction by collaboratively iterating the API Architecture and Specification with feedback from customers and developers
- Engineer an API gateway that serves hundreds of millions of requests per day to web, mobile, and 3rd party applications
- Work with engineers on multiple teams to create solutions that will standardize the capabilities of multiple Procore features into a unified experience
- Contribute to both core initiatives at Procore as well as independent innovative technical projects
- Collaboratively participate in architectural design decisions that improve scalability and performance
- Grow into a polyglot working in a stack of Ruby on Rails, React and PostgreSQL
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, a related field, or comparable work experience
- 5+ years experience in Object Oriented Program fundamentals, Test Driven Development and Design principles (Ruby on Rails, Python, C++, Java)
- Track record of anticipating technical problems that will fall out of major projects and designing solutions to overcome those problems
- Experience in working and developing on our stack of Ruby on Rails and React
- Strong experience documenting and bringing team clarity to complex solutions
- Time-honed expertise with modern web development across the entire spectrum of development, testing, staging, deploying, and monitoring
- A curious mind that is driven to innovate and solve customer problems
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, flexible paid time off (Procore Values Time), employee enrichment and development programs, and volunteer days.