Senior Software Engineer at Procore Technologies
What if you could use your technology skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to join Procore’s journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
Building Information Modeling (BIM) is the future of construction and as a
Senior Software Engineer, you’ll create innovative new products to manage the BIM process. You’ll leverage the robust data found in 3D models to optimize and connect existing tools within the Procore platform and serve as a foundation for our partner developers.
This position will report to our Preconstruction Engineering Leader and has the opportunity to work remotely or be based in our Carpinteria, CA, or Austin, TX offices. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Help build the future of our Preconstruction and Building Information Modelling solutions.
- Develop core capabilities for our BIM processing engine, optimizing for scale, performance, and accuracy
- Improve observability and testing of our BIM processing engine.
- Build solutions from scratch by collaboratively participate in architectural design decisions
- Work with leadership in setting the technical strategy for a compute-intensive, low latency cloud service leveraging a polyglot technical stack.
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, a related field, or comparable work experience
- 5+ years experience in Object-Oriented Design, Test Driven Development, and Design principles (preferably C++, C)
- Experience developing enterprise applications
- Strong operational excellence in highly scalable distributed systems
- Proficient in the software development process, e.g., coding standards, code reviews, source control management, process building, and testing
- Strong background in data structures and algorithms
- Track record of solving complex problems
- A curious mind that is driven to innovate
- Experience working on Linux/Unix, Containers, and low-level programming language (C++) is a plus
- Domain knowledge on 3D graphics, understanding, and familiarity with openBIM standards around IFC, BCF, MVD, and COBie is a plus
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, flexible paid time off (Procore Values Time), employee enrichment and development programs, and volunteer days.