Senior Software Engineer at AppSumo
Senior Software Engineer
AppSumo is the digital marketplace trusted by 1M+ entrepreneurs. We've helped launch top B2B tools like Mailchimp, Evernote, Intercom, and Dropbox, just to name a few.
Our slogan? Work doesn't have to suck.
What does that mean? We don't want to work soul-crushing 9-to-5s. We love it here because what we do actually matters: supporting digital creators and entrepreneurs who want to build lifestyles they're passionate about. With thousands of successful product launches and over a million entrepreneurs served, we're on a mission to open the doors of entrepreneurship to everyone.
About This Role
This job is about assessing where the biggest business opportunities exist on our site and implementing cutting-edge solutions that improve the AppSumo platform. In this role, you'll work on customer-facing products and watch your code impact millions of users within days! We work hard and ship fast, but we still keep a high bar for quality and testing.
On the day-to-day, you'll be:
- Working with our product and design team to deeply understand and communicate the needs of our users
- Building infrastructure to handle hundreds of petabytes of user data using Postgres, ElasticSearch, Redis, and more
- Validating the performance of your amazing code through telemetry and dashboards
- Working in a CI/CD environment with Python and Jenkins, and touching on AWS and Docker
- Partnering closely with customer support to respond to user issues and solve them in a permanent, scalable way
- 5+ years of industry experience, preferably with an e-commerce SaaS/PaaS company
- Knowledge of 3rd party integrations
- Experience owning an entire feature from start to finish
Why work here?
At AppSumo, we're committed to building a diverse, encouraging, and collaborative working environment-the kind of company where work doesn't suck.
Our culture starts with treating teammates like adults. We hire kickass people. We trust you to get your work done when you have something to do. If you need to run an errand, hit the gym, or meet a friend for lunch, you're encouraged to do so. We know your work will speak for itself.
At AppSumo, you get:
- Competitive pay, benefits package, and 401(k) matching
- 100% hybrid work model-work from home or the office
- Freedom to have a side hustle (We'll cheer you on.)
- Open vacation (PTO) policy
- Invites to two all-expenses-paid company trips per year (We're talking destinations like Costa Rica.)
- Late start/flexible hours
- Access to our dog-friendly, snack-packed office (Austin)
- Free lunch once a week, a computer, and work that actually makes an impact
Individuals seeking employment at AppSumo are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.