Senior Software Engineer at Self Financial
About the job
Self Financial is a venture-backed, high-growth FinTech company with a mission to increase economic inclusion and financial resilience by empowering people to build credit and build savings.
We're looking for people who share our passion and are driven to tackle challenges, find solutions and make the financial space better for the communities we serve.
Our team is passionate about challenging the status quo of the credit industry by providing people accessible tools to take control of their credit. Executing on our mission requires deep collaboration across our teams to ensure our products reach the people who can benefit from them the most, particularly the100 million+ Americans who have no or low credit.
About the Role:
As a React Front End Engineer, you’ll be working to implement a cutting-edge user experience that can be seamless for Android, iOS, and Web users. You’ll integrate with our Rest APIs and other 3rd-party services. You’ll collaborate with designers, product managers and other stakeholders in brainstorming new ideas, developing features, gathering feedback and iterating, thereby continuously providing impactful improvement to our products.
What you’ll do:
- Develop, extend, and maintain the Self mobile app and website leveraging the React/React Native framework.
- Translate the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code and technical implementation that will produce pixel perfect visual elements.
- Build efficient and reusable front end components and abstractions.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Maintain code and write tests to ensure the product is of the highest quality.
- Make technical decisions and improvements around front end development.
What you’ll have:
- 5+ years of professional work experience with modern front end frameworks such as React, Angular, Ember, Vue.js.
- Solid understanding of the React ecosystem, component composition, lifecycle methods.
- Strong familiarity with CSS Flexbox, CSS Grid, CSS in JS or other React-based CSS solutions.
- Experience with front end tooling like NPM, Yarn, Babel, Webpack, ESLint, Prettier.
- Experience building and consuming APIs to interact with other services using REST
- Experience with common software engineering tools such as Git (or other VCS), JIRA, Confluence and similar platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline.
Benefits and Perks:
We have the compensation and benefits you expect. But, there's one thing that Self Financial can offer that many startups cannot: we can positively change the world, while making a profit. We are a team of Builders, empowering our customers to build their dreams. We have a Do the Right Thing ethos in all that we do, and we hope you value that approach, too.
Our perks include:
● Stock options
● Quarterly performance-based bonuses
● Generous employer-paid health, vision and dental insurance coverage
● Flexible vacation policy
● Educational assistance
● Free gym membership
● Free at-home workout through Sworkit
● Casual dress code
● Team building events and activities
● Remote work arrangements/ flexible work schedule
● Monthly $100 COVID stipend
Self Financial requires all employees hired to successfully pass a background check.