The Ascension Studio exists to create transformative technology-enabled services and experiences for Ascension and those we serve.
This includes collaborating to:
- Research to fully understand current state experience, uncover latent user needs, and identify transformative opportunities
- Frame and communicate strategic vision
- Design and deliver best-in-class, omnichannel services for consumers, clinicians, and associates
- Develop and launch bespoke software and technology solutions
What You Will Do
As a Senior Software Engineer with Ascension Technologies, you will contribute to the creation of our robust suite of cloud-native applications in the rapidly growing healthcare software industry. You will be a member of an agile product development team working collaboratively with others to deliver software that sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
You will get to work in our brand new, creatively stimulating, Domain located office space we are calling the "Digital Studio" in Austin, TX (#1 in U.S. News Rankings - Best Places to Live). We feel that Innovative thinking is usually done best over a free beverage and that's why our Digital Studio comes stocked and offers a variety of unconventional workspaces.
With more than 4,000 associates, Ascension Technologies enables access to data across applications, transforming how clinicians and patients interact with technology, which enhances our ability to better serve communities with greater agility and responsiveness. Our associates leverage technology to create collaborative solutions that improve health decisions every day. We believe you should be a tech founder not a fixer - that's how we do tech at Ascension technologies. We are advocates for a compassionate and just society through our actions and our words, and we are developing software solutions to support that mission.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Leverage your polyglot abilities to deliver solutions to challenging problems
- Participate in overall system architecture and development
- Shape and embrace team values and commitments
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Actively advocate for continually improving quality and engineering practices
What You Will Need
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Programming or substantially related field is required.
• 1 year of experience required.• 4 years of experience preferred.• 2 years of leadership or management experience preferred.
- 7+ years of professional software development experience
- Expertise in Java8+/Spring Boot
- Experience with React and Typescript
- Experience with TDD/BDD using JUnit, Cucumber etc.
- Openness to new ideas and an unceasing desire to learn new things
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, a positive mindset, and a collaborative spirit
- Experience designing and developing cloud-native, scalable, and highly available distributed systems
- Experience with container technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with Jest and Enzyme
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases (MySql, Postgres, Mongo, Redis, etc), SQL, and database/schema design
- Experience with message broker/event queue technologies (e.g. RabbitMQ, GCP Pub/Sub)
- B.S in Computer Science, M.S. in computer Science, or equivalent experience
Why Join Our Team
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension Technologies is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.