FloSports has led the way in establishing a world-class digital streaming experience for millions of fans, families and athletes of over 25 different underserved sports. Imagine creating a digital platform that unites the casual fan with the most dedicated spectator, both experiencing thrilling live events from around the world with interactive features, real time analytics, powerful broadcast technology and more. Combine that with our unique original sports content ranging from breaking news and expert commentary to feature films, documentaries and multi-episodic series. That’s what FloSports is all about. We have successfully revolutionized the global sports media industry- the result of creating a diverse team of technologists and die-hard wrestlers, creators and devoted cheerleading experts, designers and hockey enthusiasts, communicators and motorsport fanatics, producers and casual sports fans… united by a shared passion to delight the underrepresented communities we serve. We are creating a home for underserved sports and we’re looking for people like you to help us!
FloSports is seeking an exceptional and experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our team and help take our growing sports media platform to the next level. You'll work alongside talented engineers, product, & design to create apps & services which help fans & athletes truly be there in the action!
We have a strong remote culture and are open to fully remote candidates for this role.
You’ll want to work with us if:
- You have 4+ years of progressive Software Engineering experience
- Your are a self-motivated, team-minded engineer with passion and grit for both business and technological innovation
- You are excited about our tech stack: AWS & Google Cloud Platform with TypeScript, Node.js, Angular 11, Firebase/Firestore, Redis, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Your embrace & adapt with changing technology
- You have a strong technical background and a passion for creating clean, clear, and maintainable software systems
- You are a self-starter and highly motivated to deliver top-tier, yet pragmatic solutions that teammates want to build upon
- You prioritize simplicity, finesse, and empathy for the end user
- You advocate and improve on code quality, automated tests, CI/CD initiatives, and the developer experience
- You enjoy collaborating on a team with other engineers, product, designers, and marketing to create experiences that impact millions of sports fans
We would love to work with you if you:
- Can iterate rapidly while collaborating with designers, product, and other engineers
- Value using accepted best practices for creating straight-forward, secure, testable, and well-documented software
- Have multiple years of production experience with Node.js
- Love writing with TypeScript and don’t know how you ever lived without it
- Believe in the power of cloud computing and have worked extensively with AWS or GCP architecture
- Are curious about new technology from the front-end to APIs to infrastructure in order to more effectively create applications
- Have written and appreciate the importance of unit and functional tests, but are willing to prioritize creating value ahead of having perfect test coverage
- Deliver performant features through an iterative approach: building, measuring, and learning
- Are passionate about consistently delivering value to millions of users
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
At FloSports, we are bonded by our passion for sports and our purpose to unite communities around experiences that finally give underserved sports the love they deserve. We recognize the need to build a company that seeks out, embraces, and celebrates our individual differences, ideas, and talent. FloSports is committed to the pursuit of a fair, equal and inclusive workplace where everyone is given the opportunity to grow to their fullest potential. As such, we are intentional in our hiring practices in an effort to overcome systemic biases we may be blind to. FloSports has adopted the “blind recruiting” process, which aims to open our opportunities up to more candidates, help us be more objective in how we review applicants and mitigate bias in our decision making processes.
- Recognized two years in a row as a Top Workplace by the Austin-American Statesman
- Flexibility at work - you can take control of your profession and personal schedule
- Strong remote work culture
- All-hands events hosted twice a year in beautiful Austin, Texas
- Annual equity awards for all top performers
- Competitive and comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Peace of mind through company-paid short-term disability, long-term disability and life insurance
- Generous 401(K) company match
- Progressive parental leave policies
- Unlimited paid time off
- Hack-a-thons and a full calendar of team-building and social events
- Free laundry service for all positions that require travel
- Company donation to youth teams and leagues that our employees coach
- Bring your dog to work- everyday!
- Stocked snack bar, catered lunch and breakfast tacos every week